Rosie

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I am an hour south of Kc. I could see if she fits our family or foster her until we could find a good home. Let me know if I can help.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor baby girl, hope she finds a new fur-ever home soon.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Thanks all i needed was a new set of tears, Why? Rosie deserves so much better really hope Karma comes into play and bless all of you for trying and for those who care. Paws and fingers crossed for Rosie.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Oh gosh this is heartbreaking… I hate to say this but military families have a horrible reputation for throwing away animals. We are retired military, and obviously NOT the norm… it makes me SO angry when people do this :cursing:
and wives!! LOL

We can look at the negative part or focus on the positive that yet again everyone is on EBN is willing to help of find someone to help. This is what life is all about, working together for the good of one and all!! Oh geez, I can hear music in the background while I say this, lol!!

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Breaks my heart. I can't believe someone would make a commitment and then just change their mind. I wish I could do more. Definitely willing to donate if we can get her somewhere good - gas money maybe?

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I'm close to Omaha, Ne. We are out of state till Thursday but let me know if you guys need help! :)

OP
shobbsie

shobbsie

Mar 28, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Two
I feel awful. After a long conversation with my husband, we've decided that now isn't the time to add another dog. We just got through with that conversation and I get a text from the woman who is sitting Rosie. Apparently just because I've found a possible solution, she and the owner want me to take care of this. I feel tremendous guilt for not taking Rosie. My husband is disabled and is having further mobility problems and I need to be here for him and I'm the one to take care of Lucy. Plus, we've been remodeling the house to make everything more accessible; we did the upstairs this past spring and now working on the exterior (ramps, etc.). I'm sitting here in tears! How awful to pass off a pet while you're out of town. How convenient to not get their hands dirty. I'm speechless. But I fear what will happen to Rosie if I don't take action. I just don't want to get into any legal trouble...

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Make sure her current owner gets a paper signed for you saying they are transferring her ownership to you and she will be your property to do with what you want.

Can we do anything to help?

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I feel awful. After a long conversation with my husband, we've decided that now isn't the time to add another dog. We just got through with that conversation and I get a text from the woman who is sitting Rosie. Apparently just because I've found a possible solution, she and the owner want me to take care of this. I feel tremendous guilt for not taking Rosie. My husband is disabled and is having further mobility problems and I need to be here for him and I'm the one to take care of Lucy. Plus, we've been remodeling the house to make everything more accessible; we did the upstairs this past spring and now working on the exterior (ramps, etc.). I'm sitting here in tears! How awful to pass off a pet while you're out of town. How convenient to not get their hands dirty. I'm speechless. But I fear what will happen to Rosie if I don't take action. I just don't want to get into any legal trouble...
Please don't feel quilts. It seems you are the absolute only one in Lucy's life that is looking out for her. I can't believe those others are acting so horribly. My heart goes out to you and Lucy

OP
shobbsie

shobbsie

Mar 28, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Two
Make sure her current owner gets a paper signed for you saying they are transferring her ownership to you and she will be your property to do with what you want.

Can we do anything to help?

That is what I just found out from talking to a possible rescue. I just want to make sure Rosie doesn't end up on Cragslist in the mean time. Her owner won't be back in town until Saturday, so I'm playing nice, but boy do I want to speak my mind! My tongue is bleeding....

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
and wives!! LOL

We can look at the negative part or focus on the positive that yet again everyone is on EBN is willing to help of find someone to help. This is what life is all about, working together for the good of one and all!! Oh geez, I can hear music in the background while I say this, lol!!

You are so right about this Tracy... We can totally turn this around, one dog at a time!!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank the Tank Bowne AKA "Frankie"
You guys are great. Thanks Bullmama. I've also gotten good advice should I decide to take Rosie. There are now options (myself included; I was afraid of taking in a supposed Alpha female when the case may be poor introduction among the dogs) I will not let this baby slip through the cracks......

Good for you, it sucks that those kind of people even exist..

OP
shobbsie

shobbsie

Mar 28, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Two
Update: The sitter informed me yesterday that Rosie had bit her bulldog (granted, there are 5-6 kids running around her house plus a Boston Terrier and Daisy the EBD). When I talked to a prospective rescue I was honest as Rosie had broken skin on Daisy's neck, drew blood, and left quite the laceration (sitter showed me a pic on her phone). That rescue doesn't take dogs with a bite history but they can put us in contact with a couple who will. I found 3 other possibilities, but now the sitter is not answering my calls or texts. I'm hoping she is just busy. The sitter also told me last night that another friend is now taking care of Rosie because she doesn't want Rosie around her kids and dogs. I wish I had better news to share and will keep you updated when I found out anything.

dunky

May 31, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Allie
I'm about an hour west of KC if I can be of any help. I've been seeing ads locally for breeder shutdowns like crazy for the last few months. Makes me so sad to see them just thrown away after they loose their ability to make money for someone. :(

Most Reactions