Thread: Rosie

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Two
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Rosie

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAndi View Post
    Make sure her current owner gets a paper signed for you saying they are transferring her ownership to you and she will be your property to do with what you want.

Can we do anything to help?
    That is what I just found out from talking to a possible rescue. I just want to make sure Rosie doesn't end up on Cragslist in the mean time. Her owner won't be back in town until Saturday, so I'm playing nice, but boy do I want to speak my mind! My tongue is bleeding....

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by agingermom View Post
    and wives!! LOL

We can look at the negative part or focus on the positive that yet again everyone is on EBN is willing to help of find someone to help. This is what life is all about, working together for the good of one and all!! Oh geez, I can hear music in the background while I say this, lol!!
    You are so right about this Tracy... We can totally turn this around, one dog at a time!!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

Any updates?

Bully Bootie Duty
    Real Name
    Amanda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank the Tank Bowne AKA "Frankie"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shobbsie View Post
    You guys are great. Thanks Bullmama. I've also gotten good advice should I decide to take Rosie. There are now options (myself included; I was afraid of taking in a supposed Alpha female when the case may be poor introduction among the dogs) I will not let this baby slip through the cracks......
    Good for you, it sucks that those kind of people even exist..

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Two
    Likes (Received)

Update: The sitter informed me yesterday that Rosie had bit her bulldog (granted, there are 5-6 kids running around her house plus a Boston Terrier and Daisy the EBD). When I talked to a prospective rescue I was honest as Rosie had broken skin on Daisy's neck, drew blood, and left quite the laceration (sitter showed me a pic on her phone). That rescue doesn't take dogs with a bite history but they can put us in contact with a couple who will. I found 3 other possibilities, but now the sitter is not answering my calls or texts. I'm hoping she is just busy. The sitter also told me last night that another friend is now taking care of Rosie because she doesn't want Rosie around her kids and dogs. I wish I had better news to share and will keep you updated when I found out anything.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Allie
    Likes (Received)

I'm about an hour west of KC if I can be of any help. I've been seeing ads locally for breeder shutdowns like crazy for the last few months. Makes me so sad to see them just thrown away after they loose their ability to make money for someone.

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

Update: The sitter informed me yesterday that Rosie had bit her bulldog (granted, there are 5-6 kids running around her house plus a Boston Terrier and Daisy the EBD). When I talked to a prospective rescue I was honest as Rosie had broken skin on Daisy's neck, drew blood, and left quite the laceration (sitter showed me a pic on her phone). That rescue doesn't take dogs with a bite history but they can put us in contact with a couple who will. I found 3 other possibilities, but now the sitter is not answering my calls or texts. I'm hoping she is just busy. The sitter also told me last night that another friend is now taking care of Rosie because she doesn't want Rosie around her kids and dogs. I wish I had better news to share and will keep you updated when I found out anything.
    OMG hope the sitter didn't just throw her away and give her to just anyone! The poor girl must be very stressed and confused right now. Sorry to hear about the biting and the rescue not taking her in. Hope solution can be made and fast!

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Two
    Likes (Received)

The sitter is a neighbor, as is the owner. I'll find out one way or another

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Two
    Likes (Received)

Final Update! I finally found out what happened with Rosie. The woman who owned her has not come home yet! Anyway, there is a Kansas multi breed rescue that took her; however, when the director and his wife showed up to evaluate Rosie they said the wife's Mom had a 10 year old bully who'd passed away a few months ago. Apparently they hit it off with Rosie. This group is highly visible in the community (fund raisers and adoption events) so I'll update if I find out anything else.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Final Update! I finally found out what happened with Rosie. The woman who owned her has not come home yet! Anyway, there is a Kansas multi breed rescue that took her; however, when the director and his wife showed up to evaluate Rosie they said the wife's Mom had a 10 year old bully who'd passed away a few months ago. Apparently they hit it off with Rosie. This group is highly visible in the community (fund raisers and adoption events) so I'll update if I find out anything else.
    Interesting.... I so hope it was a good fit for her.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the update - hopefully Rosie will end up in a good home. I can't believe that her owner hasn't even come home yet and just left her. That is horrible.
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Aww this story is so sad, I hope this lady is a good fit and keeps Rosie, she deserves a good permanent home.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads