Godparents

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Do you guys have godparents for your furkids? Or someone you could trust to leave your babies to incase something happens?

My husband and i are thinking of flying to the Philippines in January or February. It's a 16-20 hour flight. That got me thinking...what if the plane crashes or something happened to us in the Philippines, what will happen to my baby boy? I only have a couple of friends here and they are not really dog people, i could trust them with Bifi but am not really sure they would be up for the demanding task of owning a bulldog. And i think even if they are dog people, they are still not bulldog parents. So it's still a no go.

My husband has alot of doggie friendly people. And we already found someone who would adopt Bifi for the duration of our stay in the Philippines. I'm still biased to bulldog parents though. And i found a good Goddaddy for Bifi who immediately said yes when i asked him (though i think he hasn't yet realized what he has agreed to lol. Oh well no take backs LOL).

Just wondering if anyone is as insane as i am lol.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You are not insane to be thinking this way at all. I have a will that says who will take the boys should something happen to me. I have someone listed as "first" in line and if something happened to them, then "2nd in line". It's so important b/c we want to make sure our babies are well taken care of should something happen to us.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Just wanted to also add that it was difficult for me to find someone I could totally trust w/the boys. I can see how you're putting lots of thought into your decision, @dieMuttivonBifi, as well you should!

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
you will be fine, and if you dont want to go, eeerrrr well i have never been to the Philippines:whistle:
you could look after my babys and i ll party on

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
You are not insane to be thinking this way at all. I have a will that says who will take the boys should something happen to me. I have someone listed as "first" in line and if something happened to them, then "2nd in line". It's so important b/c we want to make sure our babies are well taken care of should something happen to us.

That's awesome! i'll just do what you did, have a plan b. Thank you for that idea! Yeah I'm really having a hard time choosing people. I guess i have to start going out there and befriend people! Too bad i'm very antisocial LOL.

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
you will be fine, and if you dont want to go, eeerrrr well i have never been to the Philippines:whistle:
you could look after my babys and i ll party on

LOL deal!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I've thought about it and I'd love to know there would be someone who could care for my bulldogs if something would happen to me, but there is not:( We don't even have anyone we can trust to look after them if we want to go on holiday, so no holiday or over night stays together for us.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I have chosen God Parents for Bocephus. They are actually the couple that watches him when I have to leave town. He loves them and they love him

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
We are fortunate to have a close friend whom we call GM not auntie but GM she is the one who takes him out at noon while we are at work and attends dog classes with us. I know she would be awesome with Chance but must have a plan b if anything were to happen to her.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It makes complete sense to me, after all they are OUR children. We have a plan for our skin kids, but I haven't really thought about our dogs. I need to seriously consider this...

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I totally understand, I've thought about this also. We haven't left Ruckus with anyone except my dad (who used to have bulldogs, but his wife love Great Pyrenees so that's what they have now, but he spoils Ruckus rotten and completely understands all the bulldog issues and how to care for him) the entire time we've had him and that's only an option when we're visiting Florida, otherwise he's 12 hours away from us. I never thought of who would take him if something happened to us.....now you've got me thinking. But still, I totally understand where you're coming from!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yes --- we have it set up that our babies go to my sister as she is the only one that close to us I trust with them.. Otherwise, I have a list of people on EBN, that I will list as back up to her :D

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
yes --- we have it set up that our babies go to my sister as she is the only one that close to us I trust with them.. Otherwise, I have a list of people on EBN, that I will list as back up to her :D

Am looking into EBN people too as i really have no one here i can trust with Bifi. Only problem is even if they would take Bifi and are neighboring countries, they are still quite far away from us. And because of this sort of dilemma of mine, it also discourages me from getting or adopting another baby in the future. I may overly thinking things though lol. But I'm glad to know I am not the only one thinking about last will and testaments for our babies and that I'm also making others aware of it too.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.