Help.....please :-0

bullylover4ever

Dec 30, 2010
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
not named yet
Okay, Saban has had an ear infection and is currently on animax cream for it. He has been acting like he cant get enough to drink and yet he is CONSTANTLY squatting and peeing. Mostly ittie biddie puddles to nothing, but he pees normally outside. He acts fine and plays like crazy, just tries to pee all the time and I am going crazy scrubbing carpet and mopping pee 24/7. I know its part of having a puppy but .......uuuuuggghhhh! I have had lots of pups throughout my life, but never had this issue...oh yeah, we got over a foot of snow last night too so that could play a minor role in this :crazy:

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
He is on a steroid? I just read in another post that steroids make them all pee their brains out (in the house). A foot of snow? In Alabama? Isn't that really unusual?

OP
bullylover4ever

bullylover4ever

Dec 30, 2010
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
not named yet
do u think he could have an infection ?

OP
bullylover4ever

bullylover4ever

Dec 30, 2010
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
not named yet
its a cream, not sure if its a steroid or not. Yes it 's never snowed this much in alabama in my life, lol all 31 yrs......so its highly unusual and we will probably never seee it again :up:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Animax is an anti-bacterial or anti-fungal cream. That is what they are treating your ear infection with? Is it an ear infection or a yeast infection?

As for the peeing, if he looks like he is straining and only a dribble is coming out- that is what to worry about I believe. I cannot be sure though.

OP
bullylover4ever

bullylover4ever

Dec 30, 2010
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
not named yet
as soon as the vets office opens (closed due to snow) im gonna call and see exactly whats going on. The husband took him and he said saban has minor ear infections in both ears and thats what he gave him. Now I definately don't doubt that Randal got his story mixed up....I always say if u want it done right the first time, do it urself... Im also gonna ask about his peeing deal

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Just wondering if maybe he has a urinary tract infection ... if he's peeing and not much is coming out??? I would definitely call the vet as soon as they open.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
[MENTION=1658]Saban Rulz[/MENTION], does he look like he is straining to pee, or that it is painful? is the pee smellier than usual? is there blood in his urine? those can point to a uti, definitely ask the vet when they are open again. butler had a phase where he acted like he was dying of thirst and would drink 64 oz a day, peed like normal though, just larger amounts. good luck with your baby!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
When Vegas had his ear infection he was put on an antibiotic and steroids, he was a little under a year and completely potty broke, the whole week he was on his meds, he pee'd several times in the house. He also drank more than normal because I think the meds dried his mouth out. I let him out more often but he still had several accidents usually right in front of the back door. Thank god I have all tile floors! When his round of meds ended so did the peeing in the house. I have read other stories about their dogs being on steroids and peeing in the house.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Yikes!!! Get him to the vets asap- you don't need an e-vet. It sounds like a UTI. You want to make sure you get him there before it becomes a bladder infection. Also... it could be stones... although, I'd bet more towards UTI.

Anyway you can catch some pee in a container to take it to the vets? That would help a great deal!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Side effects to animax do include increased thirst and frequent urination. I hope it is just a mild side effect to the cream and that he gets better soon! Poor little guy!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.