New allergy drug "apoquel"

santinomom

Jan 22, 2013
Rochester, New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Santino
Santino is now trying the brand new allergy drug called apoquel. The greatest thing about this drug is that it's NOT a steroid and has no adverse side effects. It can be used long term or for short seasonal allergy outbursts. It is already back ordered at so many vet offices and I was on a waiting list at my vet's office for 3 months. They told me that supplies of it are very limited so I'm very excited that we have been prescribed it. He has only been on it since last Friday so I will keep you all updated on his progress with it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I can't wait to hear the results, so many bully parents out there need this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
You are lucky to get it! It has been back ordered way into 2015. It is similar to atopica in that it is an immunosuppressant drug, but has has shown better results. Let us know how it works!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Elmo's Vet said it was the BEST EVER, Dr. Weaver said one of his patients, a Lab, had real bad allergy problems and Apoqel has cleared him all up, he was loosing his hair due to itching so much, his hair is growing back. Great News that you have it. Let us all know how Santino is doing on this. LOL

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I hope it works and provides relief for Santino as we have heard great things about it. We have been trying to get it for Harlea while we fight this MRSA infection but no one around us has it because they can't get it. I have some friends that managed to get some for their pup and it worked wonders but they haven't been able to get the refills because of the shortage. While the company has started in several articles they are working to double/triple production it will be awhile before the shortage is relieved as the manufacturing process for the drug takes upwards of 3 years to complete according to discussions I have had with several vets.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Hershey is on it with OUTSTANDING results, we only hope that Chumleys dad can get a supply of it for him up in long island.

pattonsmom

Apr 9, 2014
CT
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
General Patton
Patton's allergies are so severe his out of state dermatologist is shipping us 10 pills only for immediate relief. That's all they could spare they said. I'm now on the waiting list. I would pay A LOT of money for a steady supply of this if it works but the waiting list is so long I have no idea when he'll get it. I can't wait to see what happens when it comes in the mail tomorrow.

Please keep us posted!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Hershey is on it with OUTSTANDING results, we only hope that Chumleys dad can get a supply of it for him up in long island.
Unfortunately its not available here from my vet and Im hearing not until 2015..It has worked wonders for hershey so I really need to keep him on it. In the meantime Hersheys vet in De. is still prescribing it for him and Rick and Dottie are shipping it to me..Im praying its available here soon because they only prescribe it for 7 days at a time..

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.