Apple cider vinegar

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
Does anybody else use apple cider vinegar in the bulldogs water to help prevent tear stains ? If so as anybody had good or bad results ?
Thanks in advance.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
We were putting a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in Frank's water to mostly help with his phlegm. It did seem to help his tear stains but that was also when we started using filtered water as well, so it could have been that or a combination.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Buster won't drink water with acv in it.

Same here, I tried! Luckily we don't have much tear stain problems anymore though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Doesn't have an effect with Bifi but that doesn't mean it will be the same with Leon.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
We started using grain free food and filtered water at the same time so not sure which did the trick, or if it was the combination of both, but June's tear stains went away within 2-3 weeks.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I first used Angel Eyes, someone in the forum mentioned it's not good. It worked on my Pork chop. I switched to ACV by Bragg I put it in her food, the tear stains vanished. She looks great!

I am a believer in it bec mommy's drinking it too :)

BrunosMum

Dec 10, 2011
Canada
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno, Mya
I tried ACV in Bruno's water. He sniffed it, then looked at me with that look as if to say "you think I am going to drink that??" The best thing I have found is swapping Bruno's food from Fromm Beef to Fromm Pork & Peas. He is now tear stain free. If you can find a store that sells Fromm Pork & Peas, I would highly recommend trying it.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
@MissWaddles
When did you start seeing the effects that it was working ? Leon as only been on it since Sunday.

For Pork Chop took a few days. I been faithfully putting it in her food to give her other benefits to prevent arthritis etc.. Her face appears clear even when she sheds tears the stains are minimal and eventually clear up. It must be consistency to help her stay stain free.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.