Adoption Posting?

Dmichaud

Jul 13, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I have an 8 year old female english bulldog who I unfortunately can no longer keep. Ive had her since she was 8 weeks, it breaks my heart but I am moving and with school/work and my new location I cant keep her. I very badly want to find a loving home for her as she is such a wonderful dog.

I was going to post in the adoption section for the state I am in however there is now button that allows me to create a new post. Is this allowed here?

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Thanks for being responsible about trying to find her a good home and not taking hr to a shelter. I think your best bet would be to contact your local bulldog rescue group and surrender her to them. That way the new owners will be screened. Just be as honest as possible with any health issues she may have so as not to delay a possible adoption. Good luck!

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
What area are you in? Maybe someone here is looking for an addition.

OP
D

Dmichaud

Jul 13, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Louisiana - just north of new orleans

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Sorry about your situation. It's good you posted and asked here. Lots of good folks here. Hope you find her a good home.

OP
D

Dmichaud

Jul 13, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thank you, I am hopeful

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I am sorry about your situation [MENTION=12364]Dmichaud[/MENTION]...that's very sad that you won't be able to take Bella with you. Can u tell us a little more about her...does she get along with other pets, children, and what her personality is like? Just in case someone here on EBN would be interested in contacting you further about her.

OP
D

Dmichaud

Jul 13, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I am sorry about your situation @Dmichaud...that's very sad that you won't be able to take Bella with you. Can u tell us a little more about her...does she get along with other pets, children, and what her personality is like? Just in case someone here on EBN would be interested in contacting you further about her.

Thank you. Bella is great with people, very friendly. Ive never had any other dogs with her, however the times shes been around other dogs she seemed fine. She is not the most active dog in the world :) She loves her sleep! Very low maintenance....doesnt chew, dig....etc. Bella is brown and white, has not been spayed, and is house broken.

I posted some of this in the adoption forum, but will gladly repost.

At approx 1 year old she was diagnosed with pemphigus foliaceus. Its been a battle over the years but with regular baths and medication its generally controlled minus the occasional flair up.

I am very hesitant to bring her to a shelter or rescue because of these reasons and would much rather find a loving home with someone who understands bulldogs and will give her a happy life. I dont want her to go to somebody who means well but then cant handle her care. It would break my heart even more to know she bounced from home to home.

Ive done my best with her over the years and I hope to find someone who can do even better by her. Shes a great dog and deserves that.

I hope to hear from anyone who can help.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=12364]Dmichaud[/MENTION], I'm sure you've already thought deeply about this, but is there not a close friend or family member who can take Bella while you're away? I realize that this isn't always possible. I know if I were in the same situation, I would not be able to turn to a family member myself for such help.

What is your time frame like? We can see if anyone on EBN knows of someone who would be interested. I'm going to move this thread to the General Bulldog section.

OP
D

Dmichaud

Jul 13, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I have 1-2 months tops, unfortunately no. And the few who can....while their heart is in the right place, I don't trust to keep her long term.

Trust me it absolutely breaks my heart, ive had Bella since she was 8 weeks old. She's a great dog, and she's made me a bulldog owner for life. Unfortunately for this time period in my life I just cant give her the care/attention ANY dog would require.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I have 1-2 months tops, unfortunately no. And the few who can....while their heart is in the right place, I don't trust to keep her long term.

Trust me it absolutely breaks my heart, ive had Bella since she was 8 weeks old. She's a great dog, and she's made me a bulldog owner for life. Unfortunately for this time period in my life I just cant give her the care/attention ANY dog would require.

I can see how much you love her and how heart breaking this is for you. I know you mentioned you'd like to find her a home vs. a rescue but, and u probably know this already, there's a bulldog rescue in New Orleans and the folks at the rescues have the knowledge and training and experience in caring for EB's. I believe Bella would get the best care there and of course, they'd do everything they could to find the best home for her. Something to consider if you do not find a home/family thru other routes.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Sorry to hear you have to part with Bella, I hope you find her a loving home before time is up. :pray:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Most rescues will take care of her health problem and find her a good home.

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
I agree with the rescue idea. They are very knowledgable, know the breed, will care for any medical issues she has and they will take their time in finding Bella her forever home where she can be loved, cared for and never have to go to another home again. I'm sure this is so hard. I couldn't imagine. 😞 I wish you the best of luck with all your new adventures in your life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Is it possible for a rescue to foster until you can get back to her? I'm not sure if that an option but it's worth a try.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online