Petflow experience

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
I don't know if this is appropriate for the forum, but I think I need to share this experience so that others are aware.

I ordered Fromm dog food from Petflow on auto ship and received two shipments. They both came within 3 days, which was awesome. However, what wasn't awesome was that the second bag was punctured with a hole about the size of a finger tip. There was absolutely no damage to the box that the food was shipped in so I know the bag was punctured prior to being boxed up for shipping. I contacted Petflow and they assured me that due to their double bag check process there was no possible way that the bag was punctured before shipment and that it had to happen during shipping. I contacted them again to once again tell them that there was no damage to the box so that was not possible. After 3 days they never responded to this communication so I contacted them again and once again they did not respond.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt I decided to let it go. We'll, I received the food about a week ago and just opened it. And guess what....it is all dried up which means that the hole had been in the bag for months. So now I'm stuck with this crappy food and I'm out $64.

Since they stopped communications with me they obviously don't care so I have canceled my auto ship with them and will be keeping my business local. I will pay a little bit more for the food but at least I will know I'm getting food in undamaged bags and I will be supporting my local economy.

Buyer beware.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am so sorry you had such a bad experience with them. That is unfortunate and not very good customer service. I have been lucky and haven't had any issues with them. Could you take pictures and try to send them some as proof?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh man, that really stinks!!! I have yet to have a bad experience w/them… did you ask to speak to a manager, or did they just refuse to speak to you period?!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow I'm very sorry to hear this, I've been using them a few years now and never had any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am so sorry you had such a bad experience with them. That is unfortunate and not very good customer service. I have been lucky and haven't had any issues with them. Could you take pictures and try to send them some as proof?

I did send them pictures in my first communication.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh man, that really stinks!!! I have yet to have a bad experience w/them… did you ask to speak to a manager, or did they just refuse to speak to you period?!!

My communications were via email, until I was required to call to canceled my auto ship program. They asked why I was canceling so I told them. They apologized and did offer me a small $6 discount my next order for this auto ship program (I probably should have mentioned this in my first post), which I declined and she canceled my program.

So they did offer the discount as a way of rectifying the situation, but that wasn't enough to cover the damaged food and also wouldn't fix the problem of having a bag of damaged food so I didn't really consider it as acceptable.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I did send them pictures in my first communication.

Pete

Dispute the sale with your credit card issuer (bank). Code the dispute as product not as described. You have attempted to resolve the issue with PetFlow and because they are not willing to refund you, you have a valid dispute and should not have to pay for the food that was damaged by the hole in the bag.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would also like to say that my experience is most likely an anomaly, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pete

Dispute the sale with your credit card issuer (bank). Code the dispute as product not as described. You have attempted to resolve the issue with PetFlow and because they are not willing to refund you, you have a valid dispute and should not have to pay for the food that was damaged by the hole in the bag.

That is a great idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Well, that is just poor customer service. And while it does seem to be outside the norm, it is worth mentioning in case it happens again. It is still a business and I know that a lot of members use them regularly, myself included. It is too bad that they didn't seem to want to fix your issue and it caused them to lose an account.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, that is just poor customer service. And while it does seem to be outside the norm, it is worth mentioning in case it happens again. It is still a business and I know that a lot of members use them regularly, myself included. It is too bad that they didn't seem to want to fix your issue and it caused them to lose an account.

Exactly. I was even willing to pay for the shipping to send it back if they would send me another bag.

This experience has also made me decide to buy local and support my local economy...even if it costs me a little bit more money.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
That is a great idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

You are very welcome. I work in the credit card field so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would also like to say that my experience is most likely an anomaly, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I would have asked to speak to a manager or supervisor.... Customer service can only do so much (like offer you a discount on your program).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My communications were via email, until I was required to call to canceled my auto ship program. They asked why I was canceling so I told them. They apologized and did offer me a small $6 discount my next order for this auto ship program (I probably should have mentioned this in my first post), which I declined and she canceled my program.

So they did offer the discount as a way of rectifying the situation, but that wasn't enough to cover the damaged food and also wouldn't fix the problem of having a bag of damaged food so I didn't really consider it as acceptable.

I'm really surprised… I would of thought they would of at the least sent you a new bag of food!!!

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Pete

Exactly right! I will never understand why some companies would like to remain hard nosed and are willing to lose lifelong customers for a few bucks. They should always give the customer the benefit of the doubt. Just like Netflix never questioned if a movie they sent got lost in the mail, but if it happened too often with the same person, they called shenanigans. Credit card companies are generally the same when it comes to dealing with their clients.
Anyway, I hope you get your credit and that this company, who uses this forum as a platform for advertising, learns that mistreating a customer with a problem also loses them potential customers who have never shopped with them before and now never will.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.