Advice for Transition

AllisonH

Jul 12, 2014
Nashville, TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hoss (Should be Gorgeous)
Hello all. Hope everyone is having a great day like me. I am hoping that an adoption goes through for us for a bulldog that I found today. Anyone have advise on making a smooth transition for an adoptee bulldog to your new home. His name is Hoss (May change his name to GORGEOUS, I mean look at him, HE'S GORGEOUS) he's 7 years old not sure of his past. I was told that he was found as a stray and he is blind in both eyes. He has been with the vet and not a foster family. I am researching about how to get him use to a new home, but any tips are always helpful.

AllisonH

GORGEOUS...GORGEOUS...JUST GORGEOUS

1404356163.JPG

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I would say, just tons of patience, love, hugs, and kisses for this sweet boy. What a blessing you are to him for adopting Hoss. I hope everything will go thru and you'll be bringing him home soon.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I would also add, giving him a routine and structure would be helpful. Walking him around your home on leash so that he gets to smelling everything, having toys for him to play with. If you're sure the adoption will go thru, you can give him one of your shirts while he's still at the vet's so that he gets used to your scent. I'm sure others will provide you with much more info!

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Oh bless you for taking Hoss in (fingers crossed). My Bulldozer lost his sight in both eyes and you will be amazed just how normal he will be. Bulldogs are adverse to change at first but adapt pretty quickly. Just let him get the lay of the land so to speak and he will fit right in. If you have kids, or he is around children, have them approach slowly and let him smell them, if he has a good temperament he will adjust. Good luck with the adoption!!!!!!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
God Bless You for adopting Hoss. You are a wonderful person to adopt him bringing him into your family with so much Love for this Precious Beautiful Bully.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is gorgeous! @Calibaker gave you great advice..... Best of luck, sending lots of good vibes that this baby boy comes to be with you

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
That is so great you're adopting Hoss! We need more people like you who are willing to deal with some issues and adopt! Congratulations he is Gorgeous!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hello all. Hope everyone is having a great day like me. I am hoping that an adoption goes through for us for a bulldog that I found today. Anyone have advise on making a smooth transition for an adoptee bulldog to your new home. His name is Hoss (May change his name to GORGEOUS, I mean look at him, HE'S GORGEOUS) he's 7 years old not sure of his past. I was told that he was found as a stray and he is blind in both eyes. He has been with the vet and not a foster family. I am researching about how to get him use to a new home, but any tips are always helpful.

AllisonH

GORGEOUS...GORGEOUS...JUST GORGEOUS

1404356163.JPG

Any more news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
AllisonH

AllisonH

Jul 12, 2014
Nashville, TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hoss (Should be Gorgeous)
Not yet. I completed the application form yesterday and spoke to the contact. I am supposed to call the vet in the morning. I should have asked her how long the adoption process takes. Hoss is in Knoxville and I live in Nashville about 200 miles away so I am not even sure what the process is for getting him here. I went today and got his bed to put in my office and some toys for him. I am contemplating Fed-Ex'ing a shirt of mine to him depending how long this takes. I really hope this goes by quick I am ready to get him here and used to the surroundings before it starts up and I get busy.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.