Looking to get a new puppy

bigrod48

Jan 7, 2013
NEW YORK
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
I have a miniature english bulldog. I heard there isn't a such thing as a miniature but that's what I have. He is 1 years old. I would like to get a female puppy now. I heard two male sometimes don't get along so I want a female. I want a purebred English bulldog this time not mixed with anything. I found a good breeder through some research. But I'm definitely going to get it. I was going to adopt but it's a long process and don't want to deal with all of the questions that they ask you. . Is having 2 bulldogs such a bad idea. How many on this site have at least 2 just curious ??:)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Many have 2 or more. I have 4.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgHi, I also have two EB's, they are siblings and they are really good company for each other. I have one of each, I have heard the same thing that two males don't always get along, one may be more dominate, and two females may be jealous of each other. I don't know if this is true, but my two are litter mates and have been together since birth, so I don't know if this makes a difference. Your bully is still pretty young, so adding another bully would probably be okay. I think everyone should have at least two bullies. Lol

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
I have two 16 week old brothers. There were 7 males in the liter. I have found there are Pro's and Con's to having two. If you enjoy playing golf three days a week like I Used to stick with only one. It is much easier to find a sitter with one. Our two have never been separated. They go everywhere together. If one has to go out so does the other. When they have a long nap they are wild. One will bully the other. Separate and turn your back and the other one is the bully. I think one will change a few things in your house. Two changes your life. Would I get two if I had to do it again. You bet I would. And one of the best things I have done is joining EBN. Everyone has been great to me and I very much appreciate their help. Ralphie

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
I have a miniature english bulldog. I heard there isn't a such thing as a miniature but that's what I have. He is 1 years old. I would like to get a female puppy now. I heard two male sometimes don't get along so I want a female. I want a purebred English bulldog this time not mixed with anything. I found a good breeder through some research. But I'm definitely going to get it. I was going to adopt but it's a long process and don't want to deal with all of the questions that they ask you. . Is having 2 bulldogs such a bad idea. How many on this site have at least 2 just curious ??:)

You are correct in there is no such thing as a miniature you have some that are small. I have a female that is only 40 pounds while I have another female that's 55 pounds :)
A WARNING label needs to come with all bulldogs as they are very addictive lol I have 8 lol
Adoption can be along process but most o the time the good breeders ask ton of questions to I know I do :)

As for having 2 males or one each there are pros and cons to both I have 2 males and 6 females and sometimes my females more trouble then there worth lol . I would suggest that which ever sex you get you have at least on of them fixed. For males it helps with aggression and marking and if you have on of each it helps so the male doesn't mark your house and so you don't have the female mess.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have two 16 week old brothers. There were 7 males in the liter. I have found there are Pro's and Con's to having two. If you enjoy playing golf three days a week like I Used to stick with only one. It is much easier to find a sitter with one. Our two have never been separated. They go everywhere together. If one has to go out so does the other. When they have a long nap they are wild. One will bully the other. Separate and turn your back and the other one is the bully. I think one will change a few things in your house. Two changes your life. Would I get two if I had to do it again. You bet I would. And one of the best things I have done is joining EBN. Everyone has been great to me and I very much appreciate their help. Ralphie

:goodpost:Love the picture of the bros.!

thegreeks84

Jul 14, 2014
No I wouldn't say so my 2 boys get along well its just certain things u have to do for them to keep them in line.

thegreeks84

Jul 14, 2014
Is it normal for a Bulldog to have a little dryness around the bridge of there noses? If not what is there anything I can use to help it.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I would not take a puppy from a breeder that doesn't ask at least as many questions and the rescue people.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

I ahev always had two and have opted to have one of each sex as it just seems easier to deal with but as with anyting in life -- they are all different and some will have two sam sex get along fine while otheres willnot get along at all

Is it normal for a Bulldog to have a little dryness around the bridge of there noses? If not what is there anything I can use to help it.

yes it is -- I use Aquaphor.. a little amount works wonders.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.