Is this normal ?

Donovan

Mar 24, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules
Hercules has always had an issue with getting spots of semen on the floor. It happens when he lays down. He is not neutered. I have not decided if I'm ready to have it done or wait. If I have him neutered will this stop.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Has Hercules been humping and then you notice the fluid/semen on the floor? Once neutered, a dog may still hump and ejaculate but the fluid you see won't have any sperm in it, that's the main difference between the neutered and un-neutered dog. Neutering may lessen the humping...not truly sure of this tho as humping isn't always a sexual behavior.

OP
Donovan

Donovan

Mar 24, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules
No humping he is pretty laid back, unless we get him excited. It happens with out any stimulation.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I think discharge from penis is normal unless there is an odor to the discharge then it could mean an infection. Also, is penis/private area looking "normal"? no redness or irritation?

OP
Donovan

Donovan

Mar 24, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules
Nope he is healthy. No infection. When I give him a bath I make sure to clean his parts and have not noticed anything.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How old is he? Under one year "smegma" is normal in small quantities. What color is the discharge? Smegma is usually yellowish or light greenish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Totally normal as long as no odor.... Will not stop with neutering. My guy was 7 and neutered whenhe past, and it still happen with him. I just wipe the area with a baby wipe

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnum (EB), Delta (EB), Gracie (EB), Zoey (FB), Pebbles (FB), Prada (FB)
Hercules has always had an issue with getting spots of semen on the floor. It happens when he lays down. He is not neutered. I have not decided if I'm ready to have it done or wait. If I have him neutered will this stop.
Totally normal!!!! Gordo does that too and it freaks me out!!

OP
Donovan

Donovan

Mar 24, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules
Wow I just googled smegma, makes sense now. Thank you for all of the help guys!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.