diaharra

moosedt

Nov 21, 2013
southern california
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
My bulldog has had diaharra for about week. Is NOT vomiting. Haven't changed food. She has a lot water. Not sure were to go from here.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
could be a few things.... how much do you feed and what and how old is she.

could also be giardia... does the poo have a mucusy look to it?

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
My dog got in the pantry and got a hold of a potato, he had runny poo for days. He got meds from the vet and within 1 day there was a big difference, good luck, hope he feels better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Canned pumpkin may help (not pie filling, just regular pumpkin) also try a bland diet. Search on the site, lots of good advice. Is it possible he's doing anything different? Drinking water from the house or eating outside plants? They can be so sensitive

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
Do u know if he got in to something? My Rocco had got a hold of a piece of meat at my brothers bday party.he had the runs for a good week.

Canned pumpkin dose help. Make sure its NOT the pie filling one.

I has some left over meds that i got from the vet. That helped him.hope your little one gets better soon. I know is so sad to see them have diarrhea.

I know this my sound gross , but I would have to clean my little guys butt when hes poop was runny.....when I did I saw his butt whole looking raw :( , but its all better now.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
When Goob has diarrhea , I give him chicken (chicken breast, no skin) and rice (white). He doesn't have any allergies so this works really well for him. I give him small amounts several times a day so he isn't eating too much at once. After a couple meals of chicken and rice, his is back to normal. I slowly add his kibble to the chicken and rice until he is back on his regular food completely. If it lasts more than a couple days, I would see the vet because it may be something other than his diet. Good luck.

OP
moosedt

moosedt

Nov 21, 2013
southern california
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
she is a year and a half old. i have not noticed her eating plants or anything different. her poo does not look murky just runny with some solid chunks. i will try the pumpkin , i also have heard that boiled ground beef and rice would help. i know that a vet told me to give my cat a a little imodum AD to stop her is it ok for bullies>

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
A week is a long time to have diarrhea. Is she lethargic? how has she been eating/drinking? Just be careful b/c they can dehydrate v. quickly so I'm inclined to have her checked out at the vet's. But to answer your question re. Imodium--yes, you can give 2mg per 40 lbs of body wt. 2-3x/day.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.