SHIVERING

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank the Tank Bowne AKA "Frankie"
I've noticed several times in the last week that Frankie seem to be shivering... Now I'm not 100% sure that is what is happening but when he starts shivering I will wrap him up or stick him inside my hoodie (It is July and has only been low 70's...) and he seems to stop.

Does anyone else experience this? Is he cold or is it something else??:unsure:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
dogs also shiver when they are afraid of something or in pain, may have a fever, sometimes even in anticipation or excitement.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I think I would call the vet. Don't you have another thread going stating that Frankie wasn't eating and threw up?? He may have swallowed something that he should not have.

OP
F

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
ohh nooo.. I really hope not.. He has been "shivering" when we are outside only and it has been a bit cooler out than normal. The shivering isn't really new, he's done it several times since I got him but with him being sick yesterday I started wondering if the two were connected..

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Hmm...I tend to overreact so maybe just watch for other signs like drooling, lethargy, etc.

OP
F

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Called the vet and made an appointment.. just to be on the safe side!! :thanks:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
dogs also shiver when they are afraid of something --even in anticipation or excitement.

^^^ this is my Frenchie.... shakes when scared or overly excited

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]
I love Cheli! He is a dude :yes:

OP
F

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry Guys!! It's been a busy few days! I took Frankie to the vet on Saturday (he was also due for his 8 week shots) and everything went really well. :whew: He said the shivering could have been from him being cold or excited. I have been noting when it happens the last few days and it's only when I take him outside early in the morning or late at night. It is July 15th but the temp outside is only 61 degrees..... WHAT?? lol. I'm so glad my fur-baby is OK, I was so worried!! Thank you all for your advice and support, it means a lot! :thanks:

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
He might be too chilly in the mornings if that's when he's shivering. Be careful, you don't want him to catch a cold and be sick. I got Ruckus some doggy sweatshirts....functional AND adorable. :eek:)

Most Reactions