Happy Birthday Linus!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
5 years ago today, one of the sweetest, gentlest, most loving dogs was born into the world. He was born premature and all but one of his littermates died during birth. He and his sister, Winnie, were on oxygen for the first days of their lives.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(Credit to Linus' breeder, Jodi, for the photo - Linus is the larger pup on the bottom)

Not long after they were born, Linus' sister died and he was the only one left. A preemie puppy with no littermates to learn and cuddle with, Linus took a long time to open his eyes and walk. His breeder thought he'd be a smaller pup, without much muscle tone since he was premature.

5 years and almost 80 pounds later, I am fortunate enough to share my birthday with my best friend and the most wonderful dog anyone could ask for. So much for being a smaller pup but I like to say when Linus' littermates died, he inherited all their hearts by default and it takes a lot of room to accommodate all that love.

Linus never has a bad day. He was a great little brother and a wonderful big brother and I will never be a mama a finer dog than him.

I love you, Linus. Happy Birthday!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That was a beautiful tribute to Linus's birthday!!! Thank you for sharing his story and he is such a wonderful bully!

Happy birthday to both of you!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Yes beautiful tribute to Linus' birthday! There is something about Linus that whenever I look at his photos he makes me smile and melts my heart, I want to give him a big hug and kiss!!!! I bet he is a wonderful boy. Happy birthday Linus and to you Jillh10!!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Happy Birthday Jill and Linus........ Hope it's a great one! :)

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Very nice Birthday story, thank you for sharing that. Happy Birthday wishes to you and the beautiful miracle pup Linus! :up:

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Such a heartwarming sentiment [MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION] Happy birthday to you!!

And of course to mr. cuddlebug himself... HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINUS!!!!

Love the pics! :luv:

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
What a kissable , squishable face! Happy Birthday to you both!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh my, I have never seen anything so cute before and after, Happy Birthday to you both!!! I know he is on the same food as Vegas, but I am sure you can come up with a "Special" birthday treat for him. And how cool is that?? You both share the same birthday!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Happy Birthday to both of you!!!! Thank you for sharing his story. It brought tears to my eyes when you mentioned no body to snuggle with....aaaa such a lonely beginning

Hope you both have a wonderful day

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Happy Birthday to you both. Love the tribute!

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
What a beautiful story...you had me crying. Happy Birthday Linus! What a handsome bully! Love the pic...he needs to be on a greeting card with that handsome mug shot!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.