Onery bulldogs?!?!?!?!?

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Well I took Bear outside like I normally do when i get up at 430am. He gladly peed on every tree stump and pile of snow he could. Brought him in. I usually hang my coat up but knew I had to go back outside in a few minutes to get my husband's car warmed up and so I put my coat on the back of a dining room chair.

That little bugger hiked his leg up and peed all over my coat >.<

I was so pissed I yelled at him and put him in his crate. I let him out and he has been so snuggly but I have no idea why he did it. Then I got my son up to get him ready for school and Bear started to hump everything. He is going through such a crazy phase right now. At least I hope it is. I put him in the crate to take my son to school and I feel like a bad bully mama because I have left him in there since 9am. I just can't deal with his antics today. I know he will make me feel better but I will not have him pee in the house. As it is I've had to follow him around all weekend to make sure he didn't mark anything in the house or get into anything because he can't seem to stay still then I end up having to hold him.

He is worse than a toddler at this point.

Sorry just need to vent. :*(

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
I hope things get better
for you and Bear. I have never
had any dog do this.So I'm of no
help to you. Maybe its just a
short phase he is going threw.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
What? You go outside to get your hubbys car warmed up for him? I can't wait to go home and tell my wife this.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
i'm sorry bear is giving you a hard time. how old is he? I would suggest that you take him on a long walk to tire him out. and for the humping I would recommend that you firmly hold him on the ground on his back until he stops struggling. if you dominate him every time he tries to dominate other things or people, he will eventually understand his place in the "pack"and won't feel the need to dominate anymore.

OP
mammyglicks

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION], when I do work it is from home, my husband has a long commute and he has to leave early so to make sure he gets out on time and not have to sit there and wait for the car to warm up, I start it for him and even get his things ready so all he has to do is get his coat on and leave.

[MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] Bear will be turning 11 months next week. He is not nor will he be fixed so I imagine that is some of the problem but he just recently started to mark outside, usually I would take him out and he would pee in two different spots. For the past week he's been marking outside and i counted the last time I took him out, he peed 10 times, well marked 10 areas, some twice. Obviously he isn't releasing his entire bladder at once anymore. No idea why he peed on my coat. I will try the holding him down when he humps, right now I just swat his butt and yell at him. Guess I got to get more aggressive.

[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] yep he is cute alright. so damn hard to stay mad at these bullies!!!

Thank you [MENTION=1621]bfletch13[/MENTION]

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Some days are just bad, then there are the good ones! last Sat. was one thing after another with Vegas and he is 19 months, and like [MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] said, put him down, Vegas was a bad humper pup, stopped for a few months and picked it back up and made up for lost time!! We put him down every time and the last couple of weeks (minus New Years Eve when he humped Joe's head, LOL) he has been a little better.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I think he's marking you as his territory :heart: Sorry you are having a bad day with him.. must be something in the air.. I've seen a few naughty bully threads today :bully: mine being one of them :angry:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Sorry Bear is being such a pistol! Hopefully it's "just a phase".

Off topic: It's so nice to see someone else use the word ornery in the same context that I have always used it.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Silly Bear! I had issues with Silva being "bad"not listening, being sassy, etc. and she was about 11 or 13 months old (cant remember for sure) and my friend said that she was probably going through her "teenager phase"and it did last a 1 week or so and then she stopped. I thought it was kinda funny but made sense.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Awww what a brat, sorry you are having to deal with this!! I hate to say it but if you don't plan on neutering him alot of these behaviors will continue to some extent, maybe it will get alot better maybe it won't. Un-neutered males hump and mark their territory more than neutered males, it's just natural. So I'd think about that if you really don't plan to get him fixed.

OP
mammyglicks

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] I realize I am in for it because of my decision not to have him neutered so I'll just have to deal with it, lol. I have been pinning him but then I just end up giving him kisses because he is so damn cute :heart:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I realize I am in for it because of my decision not to have him neutered so I'll just have to deal with it, lol. I have been pinning him but then I just end up giving him kisses because he is so damn cute :heart:

[MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION] He is adorable so I know it's hard! Hopefully it won't be that bad, hopefully it is just a teenage phase and it won't be much of a difference than if he was neutered. I didn't want to neuter Samson because I was terrified of the possible complications of putting a bully down so I waited until he was like 1.5 years old. That was when we got our female beagle and I just couldn't have him not neutered going wild over her everyday so I just went ahead and did it. Glad I did because I had some horribly embarrassing marking moments when he was not neutered. We were at the dog beach and he lifted his leg on some girls back when she was sitting in the sand! I don't think anything really got on her because he had already marked like a million things before that but I wanted to DIE of embarrassment, I said sorry like a million times!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I, for once..have nothing to say. Vegas is an angel in this department.:heart:

Most Reactions