Benson's big appetite is shrinking

rub504

Dec 4, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Benson
I noticed for the past 2 weeks Benson's isn't eating his serving of food all at once. He use to eat his 2 cup of dry food in less than 3 mins. Now he eats about half, and eats the rest later. I read if the dog doesn't eat the food in 10 mins take it away. I don't want him to be hungry so I leave it there for him to finish when he wants. Do dogs eating habit s change during summer? I just got bag of fromms maybe that will make him go back to normal.

-ruben-

BoscosMom

Jul 29, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bosco
I'm having the exact same issue with my bully, over the past 3-4 weeks. He used to just inhale his food within a minute or two. Now he eats a bite, walks away. Eats another ...walks away again. 20 minutes later he's still got half a bowl of food.

I think dogs eating habits do change in the summer - it was right around the time that it started getting hot here that it changed. But this definitely wasn't the case last summer..

I switched him from Fromm Pork and Peas to Fromm Lamb and Lentils flavour the other day. I thought that maybe he was sick of eating the same food for months. It has helped some, he's definitely more interested in his food now, but still not back to his food-inhaling ways!

OP
rub504

rub504

Dec 4, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Benson
I'm having the exact same issue with my bully, over the past 3-4 weeks. He used to just inhale his food within a minute or two. Now he eats a bite, walks away. Eats another ...walks away again. 20 minutes later he's still got half a bowl of food.

I think dogs eating habits do change in the summer - it was right around the time that it started getting hot here that it changed. But this definitely wasn't the case last summer..

I switched him from Fromm Pork and Peas to Fromm Lamb and Lentils flavour the other day. I thought that maybe he was sick of eating the same food for months. It has helped some, he's definitely more interested in his food now, but still not back to his food-inhaling ways!

That's what I'm thinking. Maybe its the hot weather. I'm changing him from Wellness to Fromms. He might go back to his regular eating routine. I have big expectations from this brand hope it doesn't fail me.

-ruben-

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, as the get older SOME will change their habits... my girl has not at all, she inhales just as much as now at almost 9 yrs. as she did as a puppy. Is everything else still normal... potty, drinking water? also, if you are feeding Fromm or any other high quality food, portions do not have to be as much... 1 cup 2x a day is plenty

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.