Attacked at the dog park!!!

M

MaggieluvsBuster

I'm so sorry, this why we don't take our baby to the dog park. I refuse to step foot in one with our Buster! :(

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Poor Ruckus. I hope he heals quickly and you aren't too traumatized. I have taken Bocephus twice to a dog park, both times we have had issues and will no longer go. I think bulldogs are so friendly and think every dog wants to play and other dogs want to fight. The owners are complete idiots!!!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Since I retired from NYPD I am limiting my exposure to other people..and extending that to limiting my dogs exposure to other dogs! I have 3 sons..as they get older and leave the house I am replacing them with bulldogs. One more to go...

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Thanks for all the kind words! Ruckus was definitely a little sore when it happened, but now he's acting like he doesn't even notice it. I think the worst part -- or maybe the best because it shows how friendly and gentle he is -- is that Ruckus just took the beating...he didn't growl, he didn't bark, he just waited for me to rescue him. It's sad to hear that so many other people have had bad experiences at dog parks, also. I think we'll be taking an extended (forever) break from the off leash parks.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Since I retired from NYPD I am limiting my exposure to other people..and extending that to limiting my dogs exposure to other dogs! I have 3 sons..as they get older and leave the house I am replacing them with bulldogs. One more to go...

Well at least your birds are leaving the nest… mine won't leave, and now they are brining more IN… LMAO!!! :rofl:

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
There is no sign posted at the park with a list of rules and one is remove aggressive dog ?

I hope your baby gets well soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
There is no sign posted at the park with a list of rules and one is remove aggressive dog ?

There are rules to that effect, but people always say "my dog isn't aggressive, he's just {insert excuse here}"

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
There are rules to that effect, but people always say "my dog isn't aggressive, he's just {insert excuse here}"

I understand . Some dog owners just don't care and let their dog do whatever they want in wrong situations. Very sad.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I have raised and sold many different kinds of animals. It didn't take long for me to learn that HUMAN'S are idiots.

I agree 100%1 It is so unfortunate that a good thing is turned in to a thing to avoid for many people. I use go to dog parks with Usko begore we got Voitto. He got along with everybody, but in too many occasions I ended up pulling aggressive dogs away from him, from what ever I could grab a hold of...tail, ears...just fur...a lot of not so well socialized dogs don't understand bulldogs and if their owners are as ignorant and stupid, well....

Luckly we now live in the country side with our own yard to play, only it would be a good thing for the boys to get to play with others too....

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
Sorry this happened to you & Ruckus. Daisy was attacked awhile back even though she was very submissive. We don't go anymore either because you never know how other dogs are going to behave. I agree it is the owners who are at fault.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have raised and sold many different kinds of animals. It didn't take long for me to learn that HUMAN'S are idiots.

Lynn - I LOVE you!!! :rofl: :judges:

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
Omg so sorry to hear that.I cant stand people who dont care.if they got an aggressive dog.they shouldn't be playing with other dog. That's scary.

Most Reactions