Breakfast ideas?

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Chumley usually eats a banana or an apple for breakfast with some pumpkin on top. He loves raw carrots too..I feed him his kibble at night. Hershey was brought up eating his kibble in the morning. Id like to switch him to pm so they both eat at the same time. Hershey doesn't care for bananas or apples but id like to give him something to hold him over until dinner since he's used to eating in the am. Any ideas for some healthy breakfast foods out there?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Jim, we feed our guys twice a day, 1 cup of Fromm's Beef in the morning and 1 cup in the evening. We put 2 Tbsp. of plain yogurt on their morning kibble, and then later in the morning they either have half a banana each, or cut up apples, or strawberries. Since Hershey doesn't like apples or bananas, maybe some yogurt with strawberries or blueberries?, or a hard boiled egg, in the evening we give our guys cooked veggies on their kibble, such as carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, or green beans. I would try scrambled egg or a boiled egg, or try to find a fruit that he likes and mix it with yogurt and see if he likes it.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
How do you get away with feeding Chumley his kibble only at night?? My guys would eat everything in sight. I think Monica had some great suggestions. Frankie was used to free feeding at his old house. It took a bit, but I got him on Brutus' schedule of feeding twice a day with a snack in the evening.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I give my dogs kibble morning and night… they would eat the furniture if I tried once a day!!! LOL I do kibble w/greek yogurt in the morning, Wally gets kibble for lunch too since's he's a wee tike (Roxie gets a treat) and then kibble for dinner w/coconut oil on top. I give them a snack (fruit, or peanut butter) a couple of hours before bed. Jim maybe you should try to feed them twice a day, I bet CHUMS would be happy about that… LOL :w00t:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Frozen blueberries? A scrambled egg?

^^^^ I like this idea, if you do not want to do the kibble in the morning [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION]

OP
Opie CHL

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
i could do the kibble in the morning and at night for both i guess..i never really thought of it with chum because hes not a voracious eater at night so i never got the impression he was really hungry. Hershey is devouring his food! ive given scrambled eggs mixed in occasionally..but is an egg a day okay or too much? Ill def try the frozen blueberries also and the yogurt.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas gets kibble in the morning around 7:30 and kibble for dinner around 5, than around 8:30 a bedtime snack of usually yogurt with banana slices. I don't think he could go with no breakfast as soon as I open the bedroom door he is standing at his bowl.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
mcd.jpg:no:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I give my dogs kibble morning and night… they would eat the furniture if I tried once a day!!! LOL I do kibble w/greek yogurt in the morning, Wally gets kibble for lunch too since's he's a wee tike (Roxie gets a treat) and then kibble for dinner w/coconut oil on top. I give them a snack (fruit, or peanut butter) a couple of hours before bed. Jim maybe you should try to feed them twice a day, I bet CHUMS would be happy about that… LOL :w00t:

Truth be told, Buster eats kibble 3 times a day. 1/4 cup each time with 2 squirts salmon oil and yogurt and fruit in the morning only. He's a happy chap. :yes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.