How long does it take your bulldog to eat?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Last night I timed Tate and Finn as they were eating their dinner. From start to finish, Finn took 3 minutes and Tate took 3.5 minutes. That's actually pretty "long" for them! In the past, they have eaten their meals in 1 minute or less. I use those slow-feed-balls in their bowls and that has slowed them down a bit.

Anyone else time their bully's meal?

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Chumley lately has been a slow eater.Im wondering if he.s not liking the food anymore..Hershey is a vacuum and finishes in no time!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank is probably about 2-3 minutes. He eats fast but will usually take a short break mid-way through his meal to make sure he isn't missing out on any food that we might have, the big piggy.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Diesel is pretty slow. The pups however are like 2 monsters. I don't think it touches the sides

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'll have to time it, but Banks has ALWAYS been so fast.. like she is going to miss getting something else if she keeps her head in the bowl too long. Cheli is similar, fast eater. Now, Nitchke was Mr. Pokey... took him so long to eat sometimes, he even walk away and come back - get a few nibbles and then walk awaya again. Mind you, Banks was sitting across the room waiting her turn :facepalm:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
They are both pretty fast. Sometimes though they will take their time. As with anything else a bully does, they do it their way!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wally is SUPER fast, and I've been watering down his kibble… going to have to get a slow-feeder soon. Roxie takes her time, so Wally just watches her eat instead… Lol

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea is about 3 or 4 minutes and Aria is a minute or less. Both use slow feed bowls.

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnum (EB), Delta (EB), Gracie (EB), Zoey (FB), Pebbles (FB), Prada (FB)
Haha depends if there is yogurt or coconut oil 3 minutes. If nothing 5 hours haha

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Lilly is a awful eater and it will take her a long time -be it freash meat or hypoallergic wet food (yea she stopped eating dry) shes never happy

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Wow 3 or 4 minutes seems like a life time. Mine gobble it down in less than a minute. I probably should use one of those balls that slow them down but I was afraid they would have trouble eating with their smushy faces. :)

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Ruckus used to gulp his food down instantly to the point that I had to get him a slow feeder ball. Then out of the blue he started pacing himself and eating slowly. Now I give him his entire portion of food for the day in the morning and he finishes the last of it late at night.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have never timed Vegas, but I would guess 30 seconds non-stop, then he will take a break and get the pieces that flew out while he was inhaling. You would think it was his last meal, or I never fed him for days.

Beckyboo

May 31, 2014
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Elsie
My madison takes her time but Elsie's is gone in a blink 😒
Sent by Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.