How long does it take your bulldog to eat?

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I use the slow feed bowl as well, it has helped sooooooo much with his hiccups and burping issues. He takes about 3 minutes now because he has to work a little more for it

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Mia chows down food is gone in maybe 4 to 5 min. Chubbs we are hand feeding him if not he will not eat till nighttime. He will chow down Mia puppy food though. Go fig.

Sent from S4 (Mia & Chubbs)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I haven't actually timed my guys, but now I will just out of curiosity. Blossom doesn't chew her food, she actually inhales it like an anteater, she probably eats in under 2 mins, Dozer eats really slow due to his jaw defect. He has a congenital defect in his jaw, and his teeth don't meet, and he's also congenitally missing two of his lower molars. He probably takes 4 or 5 minutes to eat. When I time them, I'll post the results.

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
30 -45 seconds to inhale the bowl. I tried using one of those bowls with the thing in the middle to slow them down but their flat snoot doesn't give them good access and they get frustrated.

TheWook

Jun 22, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullitt
So far Bullitt is a slow eater he is more interested in what my pit bull is doing most of the time

Relayed by Jawa junk towers.

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake eats when I stand or sit beside him. If I walk away to get something, he stops and follows me. So almost always, I end up staying beside him when he eats so he will finish his food.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Henny I have changed Ftse food again tody as I went back to Royal Canin as we had such bad yeast outbreak with the Candidae and for the past week I put him back on Royal canine and how long did it take well he never finished one bowl today I gave him Royal Canin and fish and he sniffed it and walked away so I cooked some rice and fish and he scoffed it down so I took the royal Canin back and got a refund and now we are trying a potatoes and fish blend of Black Hawk this an Australian band I just hoe this works with Ftse as for the past couple of weeks we have been having problems with his paws all red and swollen I have got that under control now and I suppose its just wait and see with this new food the only food that does not seem to affect him this way is Royal Canin but he wont eat it, I am just :pray: this works for Ftse

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION], Julie, wondering if maybe you can do home-cooking for Ftse and see if this will help his allergies? I guess wait and see how this new food works out for him and if it doesn't, think about cooking. Sounds like he loved your rice and fish you prepared for him.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
She's done in seconds . I noticed she's not picky .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Haha depends if there is yogurt or coconut oil 3 minutes. If nothing 5 hours haha

Mabel is the same way! Now she sits in front of her bowl looking at us like, "You're forgetting something!" if we forget to put the pinch of cheddar or an egg on her food. She will refuse to eat it until she is starving. She eats pretty slowly even with the toppers--probably about 5 minutes.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Henny I have changed Ftse food again tody as I went back to Royal Canin as we had such bad yeast outbreak with the Candidae and for the past week I put him back on Royal canine and how long did it take well he never finished one bowl today I gave him Royal Canin and fish and he sniffed it and walked away so I cooked some rice and fish and he scoffed it down so I took the royal Canin back and got a refund and now we are trying a potatoes and fish blend of Black Hawk this an Australian band I just hoe this works with Ftse as for the past couple of weeks we have been having problems with his paws all red and swollen I have got that under control now and I suppose its just wait and see with this new food the only food that does not seem to affect him this way is Royal Canin but he wont eat it, I am just :pray: this works for Ftse

Julie, I hope you can find something that will agree with Ftse! I'm not a fan of Royal Canin, but if it works for him, that's great! Mabel will sell her soul for grated cheddar--all it takes is a pinch and her food disappears.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
[MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION], Julie, wondering if maybe you can do home-cooking for Ftse and see if this will help his allergies? I guess wait and see how this new food works out for him and if it doesn't, think about cooking. Sounds like he loved your rice and fish you prepared for him.

Henny I have been thinking of doing 100% home cooking I just wait and see how this new food goes it is fish and potatoes keep my fingers crossed all goes well Ftse loves it.

Julie, I hope you can find something that will agree with Ftse! I'm not a fan of Royal Canin, but if it works for him, that's great! Mabel will sell her soul for grated cheddar--all it takes is a pinch and her food disappears.
Chris Ftse does not like Royal Canin either he would not eat it so I got a refund, he loves the new food I got him.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.