Sentinel

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sentinel is used to prevent heart worm, hook worm etc. so what do you use alongside Sentinel to prevent fleas?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Sentinel is used to prevent heart worm, hook worm etc. so what do you use alongside Sentinel to prevent fleas?

Tate gets the Sentinel plus Comfortis for the fleas. He used to be on the topical Revolution which is what Finn gets, but Tate would "freak out" every time I applied it so I switched him to oral tabs.

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
I don't use anything else, just the sentinel once a month. Have never had fleas!! Sentinel does have a flea control in it.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Tate gets the Sentinel plus Comfortis for the fleas. He used to be on the topical Revolution which is what Finn gets, but Tate would "freak out" every time I applied it so I switched him to oral tabs.

I have chum on Vectra 3D for flea and tick and Heartguard for heartworms. Rick had Hershey on Revolution which covers both fleas and heartworm correct? Do you recommend Revolution?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Sentinel also kills flea eggs. We have our yard treated bi-monthly and will dust Harlea with Food Grade DE from time to time.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION], Revolution covers the fleas and the heart worm. I find it works very well for Finn who has no problem with getting something applied to his skin. But like I mentioned, Tate got all wiggy whenever I put it on him and i didn't like the distress he went thru so the vet recommended the orals for him.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Yes, @Chumley, Revolution covers the fleas and the heart worm. I find it works very well for Finn who has no problem with getting something applied to his skin. But like I mentioned, Tate got all wiggy whenever I put it on him and i didn't like the distress he went thru so the vet recommended the orals for him.
Chum doesn't mind but I find it hard to get it on his skin..with a thick coat it seems to not get through the hair...the 3D you have to run down the back on the skin but its hard to do I find.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sentinel with Vectra 3D .... never any issues. Banks does not like the liquid down her back, but it is just for a second so not too much of a big del. Cheli, well, I have to hold him cause he tries to take off when he sees me get the tube out

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I use Sentinel and Frontline… I only use in the spring/summer months. Fleas are HORRID here in TN, so even though the yard gets treated I still use the Frontline. I stop in the winter.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We don't use anything else for fleas, just Sentinel.

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

That's exactly why I want to get Bust on an oral med, he FREAKS and he is so unsure of me for a day or two and his hair on his back get's this greasy white crap that I know gets all over everything.

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't use anything else, just the sentinel once a month. Have never had fleas!! Sentinel does have a flea control in it.

Sentinel also kills flea eggs. We have our yard treated bi-monthly and will dust Harlea with Food Grade DE from time to time.

I didn't know that, thank you.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION], Sentinel does not kill adult fleas but it does prevent adult fleas from reproducing. I've heard it described as a "birth control for fleas".

M

MaggieluvsBuster

That's exactly why I want to get Bust on an oral med, he FREAKS and he is so unsure of me for a day or two and his hair on his back get's this greasy white crap that I know gets all over everything.
LET's just keep him on what he's on now, he doesn't freak out when I put it on him....:yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online