Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It really is just personal preference. Once they are spayed or neutered, it really doesn't matter. Most females will make a better watch dog than a male, I think it's just their protective nature.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I've only had male bulldogs. I just love the big slobbery faces!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Only have had male, my wife makes those calls, but the females Ive met are so sweet.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I have had both, we had a male Bichon named Chubby, and a female Jack Russell named Oreo. I find the males are more cuddly, and affectionate, the females can be more aggressive, and Divas. I have two EB's one of each, and they definitely have very different personalities. My female Blossom is definitely the Boss, and has way more energy than Dozer. Bulldozer is more laid back and is my cuddle buddy, he's very lazy, doesn't like to walk, likes to sleep, and is very much a lap dog. The care is the same as far as cleaning and grooming. Females can be more territorial and protective, they are still loving, but are more self sufficient. Males tend to mark territory, and can hump, females get their periods, and go into heat, but both can be avoided by spaying or neutering. The spay surgery is usually more expensive than the neuter surgery. Females are easier to train, but males like to please you more than a female. I always wanted a EB, and I wanted a male, but hubby fell in love with Blossom, and brought both of them home, and now that I have them both, I couldn't choose between them, I love them both.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We've have had one female Bella and three males… Winston, Wellie and now Walter. I think that females are more aggressive, but they seem to bond better w/men. The males that we have had were more cuddly and seem to favor the human females. We decided to go w/another male because I felt it was the best fit for our older boxer Roxie.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I've heard that too, that females bond more with men, and males bond more with females. I don't know if this is true or it. I also heard that a male and a female will get along better than two males, or two females, because two males will fight for dominance, and two females can be jealous of each other.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I've heard that too, that females bond more with men, and males bond more with females. I don't know if this is true or it. I also heard that a male and a female will get along better than two males, or two females, because two males will fight for dominance, and two females can be jealous of each other.

I have heard that too Monica, and it was true in our house. Roxie is extremely docile so her & Bella got along fine… but I've heard that 2 females usually don't get along very well.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think males are a bit easier since you don't have to wipe their girlie bits, but I love both and have no preference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I prefer males. My two labs are female and they are great, but they are labs so what else can you expect. I love my bully boys and they love their mama. I also got my two bullies right in the throes of raising two stinky teenage girls :whistle: :pray: So that definitely put me over towards males!!!!! My son is a dream compared to the girls. :faint:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Male, in my opinion they're easier to handle.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.