Please help I feed him Blue Buffalo puppy it's grain free

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I could be the heat or could be allergies. Can you get a pic?

OP
chevybulldog

chevybulldog

Jun 6, 2014
ehajenuj.jpg

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
My first thought is that it is probably environmental allergies. I don't know where you live but I live in North Florida and the allergies are really bad this time of year and my bulldog gets pink to reddish on the belly, underparts, underarms and genital area. He scratches as well and will scratch the area open if not careful. I clean his under carriage daily with a damp rag and/or baby wipe. I also will apply hydrocortisone on those areas too when needed. I also will alternate applying bag balm to those areas too as I don't like to overuse hydrocortisone. They both work well but I tend to limit the hydrocortisone use to when the areas are really angry looking.

OP
chevybulldog

chevybulldog

Jun 6, 2014
I live in Los Angeles so u don't think is his food

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I live in Los Angeles so u don't think is his food

I think it is a grass allergy... When did this start and is it on his face or paws?

Benedryl 1mg per pound up to 3x a day will help with the itching. Wipe his with a cool wash cloth after each trip outside, will help lessen the irritation too

OP
chevybulldog

chevybulldog

Jun 6, 2014
Like last month it just start to get worse no no face only stomach

OP
chevybulldog

chevybulldog

Jun 6, 2014
I think it is a grass allergy... When did this start and is it on his face or paws?

Benedryl 1mg per pound up to 3x a day will help with the itching. Wipe his with a cool wash cloth after each trip outside, will help lessen the irritation too
it starts last month and no no face only stomach and armpits

karlajgee

Jun 13, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy
My dog had something similar... But I'm not sure what it was because we took him to the vet, they they tested the area and said it was a bacterial infection so we got some antibiotics and some spray for him but it was also around the time we switched his food to something else. I think it was a food sensitivity over an infection though because as soon as we got him on the food for some time, the rashes on his belly, arms, and face went away fairly quickly.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
My first thought is grass allergies. Wipe him down really well when you come in and try to limit him from laying in the grass - a coolaroo outside is a good idea. Also give him the benadryl to help out with his discomfort right now

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Christine is right Benadryl should work wonders. Try that and please keep us posted :heart:

- :heart:

IanDK

Jun 24, 2014
Hi....my guy had something similar. The vet said it was hot spots....heat rash essentially....I washed him with a topical shampoo and the vet gave me a spray and within 10 days it was 90 per cent gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.