Thread: Neuter / Chip

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

Default Neuter / Chip

Questions: our 2 male puppies are 14 weeks old. When do you have them neutered? With this being said since we do plan on the surgery why register the pups with AKC or whatever group? We really don't care about the family tree or etc. Would you have both of them done at the same time? We had a Frenchie that passed away a few months ago after having him seven years. It has been so long I cannot remember the cost to have the neuter procedure. Anyone know ballpark price. And finally microchip. We had our Olde English and Frenchie both Microchipped. Any ballpark on the chip price? Thanks for the help

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member tyree213's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gilbert,Scarlet, Tyra, & Kevin
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Neuter / Chip

As far as microchip cost Ive seen prices anywhere between 15-50 dollars. They tend to be more expensive at the vet. I usually go to low cost vaccination clinics to get those done.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bronson
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RalphieBoy View Post
    Questions: our 2 male puppies are 14 weeks old. When do you have them neutered? With this being said since we do plan on the surgery why register the pups with AKC or whatever group? We really don't care about the family tree or etc. Would you have both of them done at the same time? We had a Frenchie that passed away a few months ago after having him seven years. It has been so long I cannot remember the cost to have the neuter procedure. Anyone know ballpark price. And finally microchip. We had our Olde English and Frenchie both Microchipped. Any ballpark on the chip price? Thanks for the help
    I will just pass on what my vet told me when I recently took my 6 month old in for the old snip snip. She recommended that due to the inherent joint issues that bulldogs face, it would be best to wait until at least 8-9 months to have it done. Her reasoning is that he will gain the most amount of muscle during this initial puberty phase, and snipping him prematurely would not allow for proper development. She said the only reason to do it any earlier is for behavioral/aggression issues. I am going to probably wait until he hits the 50lb mark or so to ensure that the proper muscular development has occurred.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

It can be done anytime after 6-8 months... We did our boys at 8 months with chip at same time. Sorry I can not re bet the costs, but I tagged two members in Tennessee that might have an idea of costs near you
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I don't know the costs of neuter here in our area of TN because I didn't have Winston neutered. I would personally wait till they are a bit older like the others advised...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

There are not many members here from Tn! As it is everywhere, costs vary from Veterinarian to Vn. I micro chip my own, but I think most vets charge about $25.00.
    As far as neutering-I don't know your location-so just give a Vet. near you a call just for getting an idea. Then see if you can locate an experienced Bullie Vet.
    Personally, I think it a good idea to have them both neutered at the same time. If you have a good vet, neutering is no big deal(to the dog.....the owner is the problem!!)
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kori
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Bocephus was neutered at around 6 months or so, he came through just great and, trust me, in absolutely no way has it affected his growth.
    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

James Hond, My Sunshine

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

Spoke to the vets office today about neuter cost. This is the breakdown:
    Neuter $115.00
    Microchip $46.00
    Blood work and IV $100.00
    Total $261.00 times 2= $522.00
    I didn't understand the blood work and IV. I do think I will wait until their 8 or 9 months old. We are taking the boys to Hilton Head in October and if their going to hunch something it's best to do it out of state.

Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Those prices seem pretty high to me! Out of sight for the micro chip.They pay 10.or less a piece for the microchip. If you want to send me your address, I can send you 2 for 20.00 and you can do it yourself. @RalphieBoy
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

OMG No. I'm too chicken. Thanks for the offer. I clipped our Olde English toenail with the clipper 10 years ago and hit to close, drew blood and never clipped another nail again. Thanks anyway. I do appreciate the offer. Any idea on the blood work and IV?

Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

No, I've never had that done before surgery,and I've had ALL the dogs in my lifetime fixed and/or neutered! @RalphieBoy
    "

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We only did the blood work and heart mapping to have a baseline for the future. Other than that it really isn't necessary. As for the IV usually that is to administer meds and other fluids during the procedure so i would do that. Either way you are getting off cheap. Bully neutering by me runs $350 to $550 depending on if you have the blood work and heart mapping done and spaying a female is $550 to $850.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads