RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Thanks everyone for the support. All of this reminds me of what my Mother said. When we lost Gus we were-are devastated. He was our 7 year old baby. But when we got the boys my Mother got me to the side without Weesie and said What Are You Thinking? Not only another dog but two bulldogs. She said you have had a terrible time with the loss of Gus. Why get another dog(s)? I could not explain it. Why intentionally put ourselves through going through all the pain again and again. At the bank we say put it on paper and see if it works. The cost of the dog, vet bills, food, work, time, tied down at times on travel, pee, poop, bath, wiping screw tail, skin folds and etc. Why go through this? I can't explain it but I wouldn't change a thing.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Life is too short to avoid times of happiness and fun that you can have, in case of pain that may happen. Life IS joy and pain.

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Thank you all for helping me out! I decided to switch Matilda as a precaution, she starts Revolution next month.

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
I am so sick. I love all of you guys but today I wished I had never heard of EBN. Our Frenchie died back in March. Weesie gave him Trifexis one afternoon in March. His name was Gus. He was only 7 years old. I heard something weird at 2:00 am. I never wake up in the middle of the night. Gus was making a weird sound. I got up. Weesie got up. It was like he was having troubles breathing. In 15 minutes we were giving him mouth to nose trying to get air in him and he died. Weesie kept saying his passing had to do with that medicine. Then I read this post. We basically killed him with that stupid medicine. I am sick.

I'm so sorry for your loss. A lot of dogs seem to have a bad reaction to Trifexis - from my research, it's essentially an allergic reaction. There was no way to know he would be allergic. That is absolutely heart breaking. And see, my dog has been on it for years with no reaction. It just seems to be a chance thing. But we switched her now. There was no way to know. :( They need to test for these things ahead of sticking everyone on the same medication!

SMeyer13

Jun 13, 2013
South Carolina
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
I just bought a year supply of trifexis, because that is what was recommended by my vet. Tucker has been on it since he was little, but now I am wanting to unload what I have left to find something different.

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
I just bought a year supply of trifexis, because that is what was recommended by my vet. Tucker has been on it since he was little, but now I am wanting to unload what I have left to find something different.

Matilda was on it for two years with no health issues. We decided to switch because I don't want to risk her safety since there is such a controversy going on. However, in every case I have heard of, the bad reaction seems to happen immediately, after the first dosage. I haven't heard of a single case where a dog got sick or developed issues later on, it seems to be instantaneous.

That said, we switched to Revolution and I haven't started her on it yet, but it's supposed to be way more mild and doesn't have any controversy with it that I've heard of. :)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Matilda was on it for two years with no health issues. We decided to switch because I don't want to risk her safety since there is such a controversy going on. However, in every case I have heard of, the bad reaction seems to happen immediately, after the first dosage. I haven't heard of a single case where a dog got sick or developed issues later on, it seems to be instantaneous.

That said, we switched to Revolution and I haven't started her on it yet, but it's supposed to be way more mild and doesn't have any controversy with it that I've heard of. :)

Steve was on it for about 9 months. 3 or so months in he started having seizures. He was seen by neurologists and had an MRI done. The neurologist was scratching his head because he was healthy. 6 days after he turned 2 he wouldn't stop seizing. He had another MRI done. At this time he had also aspirated. The MRI done showed fluid on the brain. The neurologist said he'd never seen anything like this. The only med he was on was Trifexis. There are actually MANY cases against Elanco and many MORE stories out there of instant death and slow agonizing death both being blamed on the drug.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.