wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
I do not know If I am being neurotic or not, but Guinness face looks redder and pink, but i do not know if this exact coloring is normal or not. Any help or feedback would be appreciated. He is on Fromm Puppy gold right now for food. Looking at the pics I think i am being way too paranoid hahaha Thanks in advance!

Before:

After:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
With an all white face you will notice some pinking on occasion, and the degree of the pinking may vary throughout the day. Similar to blushing or getting flushed as well. But just watch for any signs of it getting really really pink. Personally I think he looks perfect, and it will take a full 4 weeks minimum on a new food for their bodies to be 100% off of the old food. The only changes you will probably see is maybe 'brighter' eyes and silky coat, since he is still a pup. But the best change, LESS POOP!!!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I agree with desertsky, Gertie and Ida both have white faces and they seem to look more pink right after they eat, or play hard or after they wake up. Sort of like little kids with rosey cheeks or something. He is sooo adorable!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That looks like a normal healthy "pink-ness" to me. It doesn't look raw or sore to me ..... Guinness is just beautiful!!

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Jozi doesn't have near as much white
on her as Guinness. But what she does
have looks the same. I think he is fine.
What a great looking hound he is.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
I have to say... Chester has the same harness! :up: Anyway.. Chester's mouth area and one side of his face is white, and I have to agree, he seems to get "flushed" whenever he eats or plays..etc.

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Thanks everyone i really appreciate it a lot!! feel a lot better now.

sgraber

Dec 9, 2010
Rugby, North Dakota
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I was wondering that myself about Bella, so glad to hear that there is a certain amount of pinkness that occurs during the day.
Your Guinness is beautiful!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
the way we tell if lex gets to hot is his face (mouth, ears) will get dark red. but with the whiteness of his face you'll see lots of pink!

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Looks fine to me.......but a lot of bulldogs are allergic to plastic and get skin irratations from plastic food and water dishes. So I'd buy a stainless steel set........ if the inside of the ears turn from a light rose pink to a darker pink or red then you got allergy problems probably caused by the dust coming off of their food. I'd reccomend a grain free food if this happens.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I think he looks ok too. Nothing to worry about. :yes: Stiggy's all white like Lex and his face always has some sort of pink tint to it and gets darker after he plays or eats.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I think he looks perfect too! Silva has a white face too and do notice different times of day or after different activity it is more noticeable!

Emmitt E

Nov 1, 2010
Glad I found this thread. Just this past week I think I've noticed that Emmitt's face looks more pink. It doesn't look irritated, just pink.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.