RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
I am new to EBN. This is my first post so if this has been asked a million times I am sorry. We have had one Olde English that lived 12 years, one French Bulldog 7 years which just passed away January and my wife and I (both 50 years old) adopted Two EB puppies. Were nuts I know. They were 2 brothers of a liter of 7 brothers. They are 14 weeks old. My question is this. At times you would think they are killing each other. I will pull one off the other, turn my back and the one that was giving is now receiving. One is a little smaller than the other but he is in charge. The larger one can entertain himself fine but the minute he gets set the smaller has to take his toy or bone. The smaller is jealous over everything. Is this the norm? We have discussed this with our vet and he says it is common. He said what seems like fighting to us is playing with them. Any advice will be most appreciated. Thanks

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I have two and sometimes they can sound like they are killing each other and really they are only playing. If they start to get a high pitched growl or a growl bark combo, I will yell enough and they stop. The one that is stealing toys or showing jealousy needs to be taught to stop. My Brutus is a pain with this issue. He always wants what his brother Frankie has. I dont really allow this. Most times I can redirect with another toy or I can tell him to mind his own business and he usually does. If he wont leave Frankie alone, Brutus gets a time out in his crate. He will be let out when Frankie has had some alone time.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
They are both still quite young and still getting to know one another, I believe. As they grow up, one will try to be more dominant over the other. This is just the natural part of life though. It already sounds like the smaller one might be the "boss" of the two. That's how it is in my household--I have two male bullies that are half brothers and the smaller one is always bossing the bigger one around. You may want to get them in some basic obedience class, either together or separate. That's always a good start and foundation to have (as u probably already know)!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN ---- Henny and Rosalie gave you great advice...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great advice above!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk