Thread: Endless panting

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Default Endless panting

So Zeus is just over a year old and recently the a/c went out and I did everything I could to keep him cool but naturally he did pant a little more than normal,but now even when it feels like I might freeze to death he will still pant for what seems like hours and hours on end.i dount it could be because he's hot and he's not overweight.I thought maybe stress related as I did just move into a new house but he was doing it before the move. just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what it could be,like always hope it's nothing serious which doesn't seem like it is because other than panting he's completely normal

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Endless panting

Could be stress, but if it us constant he may be on pain. Have your vet do a full exam to sure he is OK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

I'm not ruling it out that he is in some pain but like I said he acts completely normal,still runs and plays,the weird things is when he's chewing on a you or hears a noise etc he stop panting,but as soon as that's over with it's back to the non stop panting

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Try putting a fan on him and see if that helps, but it could also be from stress.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Endless panting

I'm thinking stress, even if it started before the move likely he could sense something was already happening long before you actually left. Heck my bullies know 3 days before if anything is going to be different and they go nutso! Even just a trip to the vet. Heck sometimes I think they know people are coming over before I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Owens View Post
    I'm not ruling it out that he is in some pain but like I said he acts completely normal,still runs and plays,the weird things is when he's chewing on a you or hears a noise etc he stop panting,but as soon as that's over with it's back to the non stop panting
    then it could still be stress as he it not fully settled into the new home.... keep an eye on him and if you have to be at the vet for any other reason mention it and have him checked out
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Owens View Post
    So Zeus is just over a year old and recently the a/c went out and I did everything I could to keep him cool but naturally he did pant a little more than normal,but now even when it feels like I might freeze to death he will still pant for what seems like hours and hours on end.i dount it could be because he's hot and he's not overweight.I thought maybe stress related as I did just move into a new house but he was doing it before the move. just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what it could be,like always hope it's nothing serious which doesn't seem like it is because other than panting he's completely normal
    I had the same concern with Vegas...panting excessively even in the cooler climates. I took him in and it was determined that he (other than epilepsy) is doing very well.
    But....he's gained some weight in the last year. He went from an underweight 49 pounds to a more healthy 59 pounds. The vet suggested we get him back down to 54 pounds....a weight he did well at for several months. We are working on it. She thinks it has to do with the extra weight. They are so sensitive to heat and their bodies are so delicate that even a few pounds can cause their body and joints extra stress.

Moose (6) seems to do this constantly. If he's not sleeping or playing with something he's lightly panting. I think he might just be a lazy breather these days. Does he pant like he just ran a marathon (all of 2 seconds lol) or lightly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bronson
    Likes (Received)

Have his soft pallet checked by the vet if you haven't already, it is fairly common in EB for the soft pallet to grow over the trachea and cause difficulty breathing.

Real Name
    Theresa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Agnes
    Likes (Received)

I moved a few months ago and Agnes wasn't panting but it DID take her a good week to settle down and feel comfortable in our new place. She acted timid and skittish in a way that I'd never seen before but she just needed time and some extra exercise and she got back to her old self.

Remove Ads