brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ok so everyone here know how much Brutus hates to have his nails clipped. He literally freaks out and tries to bite anyone in the vicinity of him. I decided not to take him back to Petco because I felt that the girls there were too young to handle him and it took 4 people to clip him. One to clip and three to lay on him, all the while he is muzzled!! No good. I was afraid one of these times it would stress him out so much and compromise his breathing. So we have a professional place in East Islip I decided to try. Off we went on Saturday morning. I gave my usual disclaimer that Brutus will bite you if you don't muzzle him etc... Well, the man refused to muzzle a bulldog and he said he can handle it. I was a nervous wreck. Well he was right, Brutus did great. He was at ease and did not bite the man. WOO HOO!!! Anyhoo, on the way back to the car, I was so happy my baby wasn't stressed out and assaulted just to have his nails clipped, I was praising him very boisterously and there was a man standing there who thought I was completely nuts. He was laughing at me, I had to say "Sorry, when it comes to my baby, I am completely nuts". He said he had his laugh for the weekend.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I don't see anything "crazy" with that interaction you had with Brutus, Rosalie. Seemed perfectly normal to me!:weird:

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
It's in the approach

I agree. I think Brutus felt attacked at Petco. The man at the Pooch Pad talked to Brutus the whole time and made him feel very relaxed. Nothing against Petco, they were always very nice, but I think they were just too inexperienced to handle my boy.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Well I'm glad to hear you finally found someone who really knows what they are doing. I'm so glad Brutus is happy and calm with the guy as well. Ya I took Chubbs to get his done at petsmart and the girl did a good job but man was she bit chy about it. I mean that's what you are there for. Go fig. So glad you and him are happy now.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol. Rosalie, talking crazy and fussing over our bullies is what we do. It's perfectly normal for us. I'm so glad you found someone who can trim his nails without stressing him out, and knows how to handle him. It makes it much easier for him, and for you. Nails are something that needs to be done about every 6 weeks or so, so it's great that you found a place that you can trust and Brutus can have a good experience.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Nothing wrong with what you did. Good job Brutus and the gentleman that did the job.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Rosalie, I'm so glad to hear this!!! Honestly if those girls at Petsmart showed any stress Brutus probably fed on that and started getting anxious… this new guys sounds perfect!!! What a good boy!!! :w00t:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Excellent Rosalie! I may be contacting you for that place! The Petco here is the same problem. Young girls who don't really know what they re doing. They have a new policy...I used to hold chum while they did his nails..they mistake his heavy breathing for a low growl...now the have to bring him in the back while the owner leaves and pays at the counter...this freaks chum out when I go..but they won't budge so I won't go back..

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
He was the dog whisperer!! Yea I love when the bully babies get spoiled... Woot woot !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I don't see anything "crazy" with that interaction you had with Brutus, Rosalie. Seemed perfectly normal to me!:weird:

Perfectly said, Henny!! .... not a darn thing crazy about it! AWESOME too that you found someone that can do the job right, Rosalie!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.