Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel guilty, but........

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy(RIP) and Gizmo
    Likes (Received)

Default I feel guilty, but........

My heart really breaks for Rick and Dottie, I can't imagine having to such horrible medical things happen in my life and then have to give up my fur babies. It really does make me sad for them. Having said that though, just out of curiosity I went back onto pet finders today to look up Gizmo and it says ADOPTED. I am so excited to get to meet her and know her, I could cry. Out of respect for them I tried not to post on here today because what is happy news for me is heartache for them, but 2 weeks from today I will have a bulldog on my lap , snoring and we will be on CLOUD NINE!!!!!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I feel guilty, but........

Aww, I understand how you would feel this way, but I think you are great to give Gizmo a loving home. It is a very sad situation, and I'm sure it was an extremely hard decision for Rick and Dottie to make. They made this decision based on what was best for their lives and the lives of their bullies. They made this decision based on love. What is great is that they didn't get adopted out to strangers, they are with you and Chumley, and will continue to be loved by everyone on this site. Rick will be able to concentrate on his rehabilitation, and in getting stronger, and hopefully be able to walk again. He will be able to do this knowing his babies are both with loving people, who will take care of them, and give them a great home and life. He will be able to keep in touch with them through you and EBN, and pictures and updates, this must be a great relief to him, and I'm sure he will miss them, but can be happy and thankful that they are going to be safe, and loved. Bless you for taking Gizmo into your home, and enjoy her.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Ditto to what @Vikinggirl eloquently said, @LucysMom! I'm so happy that Gizmo will be with you, in such a loving and nurturing environment.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Aww I'm so happy that Gizmo is going to your home, even though the circumstances are very sad. I know they are grateful that you give her a wonderful home!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kori
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

I third that! As hard as it is, knowing that you will be giving their baby a loving, caring home means everything!!! You are an angel to them all
    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

James Hond, My Sunshine

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin' groomzilla Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ron
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

Although sad, to me it shows how much you care and how excited you are to have Gizmo as part of your life. As the Norwegian Rose Vikinggirl has mentioned a great relief off of Rick and his wife's shoulders. Never be afraid to celebrate and embrace the positive for it will over flow onto others. We expect to be hearing a lot with pictures of course how all of you are making out. Soon the snoring and gas wars begin - enjoy.

Real Name
    Andrea
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bazza
    Likes (Received)

I think we all feel the same way about the whole situation, it is a sad situation I do hope that they can concentrate and getting better, and they know their babies will be loved.
    Congratulations to you and I think you should feel o.k. to celebrate, it does not mean you do not respect what Rick and Dotti are going through, I am sure they will be happy to hear how excited you are about opening your home to Gizmo.
    I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am a huge believer in fate, and it has been so long since you lost Lucy yet not forgotten.... and how amazing it is that Gizmo needed a home without other dogs, and how much she resembles Lucy.... it just gives me goosies all over, it was meant to be, the wait, Ricks tragedy, it was the path that seemed to have been laid out for all of you. Rick is an amazing man with incredible strength and I am certain if I were in his shoes it would have broken me completely. I cannot imagine how much this decision has hurt his heart, but I know that he is so grateful to have found wonderful homes for his babies. Certainly a reason to celebrate. I pray for all of you!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Aww, I understand how you would feel this way, but I think you are great to give Gizmo a loving home. It is a very sad situation, and I'm sure it was an extremely hard decision for Rick and Dottie to make. They made this decision based on what was best for their lives and the lives of their bullies. They made this decision based on love. What is great is that they didn't get adopted out to strangers, they are with you and Chumley, and will continue to be loved by everyone on this site. Rick will be able to concentrate on his rehabilitation, and in getting stronger, and hopefully be able to walk again. He will be able to do this knowing his babies are both with loving people, who will take care of them, and give them a great home and life. He will be able to keep in touch with them through you and EBN, and pictures and updates, this must be a great relief to him, and I'm sure he will miss them, but can be happy and thankful that they are going to be safe, and loved. Bless you for taking Gizmo into your home, and enjoy her.
    It can not be said any better than this!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mac
    Likes (Received)

Ditto to Vikinggirl. You are doing a wonderful thing. Sad circumstances but what a joyous outcome")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Agree with every one here, Monica nailed the truth of this situation.

I can tell you this (hope it helps you know how they feel)...when I became
    very ill, unable to care for my (3) 100 lb dogs (they were indoor/outdoor)
    it was agony UNTIL I found the earthly angels that gave them loving homes.
    This is how Rick & Dottie feel as they love these babies like their skin kids.
    A true parent will do ANYTHING in the best interests of their babies, not what
    is best for themselves. Praying over every one & GOD bless us all!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

@LucysMom I feel exactly the same way. Im excited about getting hershey tomorrow..but so sad rick and dottie will be getting their last visit with him at 930. Theyve loved him and cared so much for him it just seems so unfair..I am happy to help out but like @bullmama said in another thread the feeling is so bittersweet...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads