I feel guilty, but........

LucysMom

Community Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy(RIP) and Gizmo
My heart really breaks for Rick and Dottie, I can't imagine having to such horrible medical things happen in my life and then have to give up my fur babies. It really does make me sad for them. Having said that though, just out of curiosity I went back onto pet finders today to look up Gizmo and it says ADOPTED. I am so excited to get to meet her and know her, I could cry. Out of respect for them I tried not to post on here today because what is happy news for me is heartache for them, but 2 weeks from today I will have a bulldog on my lap , snoring and we will be on CLOUD NINE!!!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww, I understand how you would feel this way, but I think you are great to give Gizmo a loving home. It is a very sad situation, and I'm sure it was an extremely hard decision for Rick and Dottie to make. They made this decision based on what was best for their lives and the lives of their bullies. They made this decision based on love. What is great is that they didn't get adopted out to strangers, they are with you and Chumley, and will continue to be loved by everyone on this site. Rick will be able to concentrate on his rehabilitation, and in getting stronger, and hopefully be able to walk again. He will be able to do this knowing his babies are both with loving people, who will take care of them, and give them a great home and life. He will be able to keep in touch with them through you and EBN, and pictures and updates, this must be a great relief to him, and I'm sure he will miss them, but can be happy and thankful that they are going to be safe, and loved. Bless you for taking Gizmo into your home, and enjoy her.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Ditto to what [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] eloquently said, [MENTION=4262]LucysMom[/MENTION]! I'm so happy that Gizmo will be with you, in such a loving and nurturing environment.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww I'm so happy that Gizmo is going to your home, even though the circumstances are very sad. I know they are grateful that you give her a wonderful home!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I third that! As hard as it is, knowing that you will be giving their baby a loving, caring home means everything!!! You are an angel to them all

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Although sad, to me it shows how much you care and how excited you are to have Gizmo as part of your life. As the Norwegian Rose Vikinggirl has mentioned a great relief off of Rick and his wife's shoulders. Never be afraid to celebrate and embrace the positive for it will over flow onto others. We expect to be hearing a lot with pictures of course how all of you are making out. Soon the snoring and gas wars begin - enjoy.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
I think we all feel the same way about the whole situation, it is a sad situation I do hope that they can concentrate and getting better, and they know their babies will be loved.
Congratulations to you and I think you should feel o.k. to celebrate, it does not mean you do not respect what Rick and Dotti are going through, I am sure they will be happy to hear how excited you are about opening your home to Gizmo.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am a huge believer in fate, and it has been so long since you lost Lucy yet not forgotten.... and how amazing it is that Gizmo needed a home without other dogs, and how much she resembles Lucy.... it just gives me goosies all over, it was meant to be, the wait, Ricks tragedy, it was the path that seemed to have been laid out for all of you. Rick is an amazing man with incredible strength and I am certain if I were in his shoes it would have broken me completely. I cannot imagine how much this decision has hurt his heart, but I know that he is so grateful to have found wonderful homes for his babies. Certainly a reason to celebrate. I pray for all of you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Aww, I understand how you would feel this way, but I think you are great to give Gizmo a loving home. It is a very sad situation, and I'm sure it was an extremely hard decision for Rick and Dottie to make. They made this decision based on what was best for their lives and the lives of their bullies. They made this decision based on love. What is great is that they didn't get adopted out to strangers, they are with you and Chumley, and will continue to be loved by everyone on this site. Rick will be able to concentrate on his rehabilitation, and in getting stronger, and hopefully be able to walk again. He will be able to do this knowing his babies are both with loving people, who will take care of them, and give them a great home and life. He will be able to keep in touch with them through you and EBN, and pictures and updates, this must be a great relief to him, and I'm sure he will miss them, but can be happy and thankful that they are going to be safe, and loved. Bless you for taking Gizmo into your home, and enjoy her.

It can not be said any better than this!

AmandaH12

Jun 16, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mac
Ditto to Vikinggirl. You are doing a wonderful thing. Sad circumstances but what a joyous outcome")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Agree with every one here, Monica nailed the truth of this situation.

I can tell you this (hope it helps you know how they feel)...when I became
very ill, unable to care for my (3) 100 lb dogs (they were indoor/outdoor)
it was agony UNTIL I found the earthly angels that gave them loving homes.
This is how Rick & Dottie feel as they love these babies like their skin kids.
A true parent will do ANYTHING in the best interests of their babies, not what
is best for themselves. Praying over every one & GOD bless us all!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
@LucysMom I feel exactly the same way. Im excited about getting hershey tomorrow..but so sad rick and dottie will be getting their last visit with him at 930. Theyve loved him and cared so much for him it just seems so unfair..I am happy to help out but like [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] said in another thread the feeling is so bittersweet...

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
@LucysMom I feel exactly the same way. Im excited about getting hershey tomorrow..but so sad rick and dottie will be getting their last visit with him at 930. Theyve loved him and cared so much for him it just seems so unfair..I am happy to help out but like @bullmama said in another thread the feeling is so bittersweet...

Jim, I got emotional and teary just reading this. Wow, what an emotional day it will be, for all involved.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Jim, I want to say the same thing to you as I said to LucyMom, you are so awesome to be taking Hershey into your heart and home. He is very lucky to have you. It is a very sad situation for Rick and Dottie, and I can't imagine how difficult and sad it will be for them to say goodbye to their babies tomorrow. I would be heartbroken, but at the same time they must be so relieved and happy to know they are both going to loving, caring people, and that they will be loved and cared for.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Jim, I got emotional and teary just reading this. Wow, what an emotional day it will be, for all involved.
i went back over ricks old posts to try and get to know a bit of hersheys history..I had to stop because just looking at the photos and videos it is so obvious the love he has for him and heartbreaking to think of what he has to do. Im relieved Christine is picking him up and then meeting me because i couldnt watch him say goodbye.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.