What shampoo should I get?

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I have just been using up some tearless puppy shampoo I had on hand, and then last week I used Johnson's Baby Shampoo, just because that's what I had available. I'd like to get some good shampoo for Gertie and Ida. They don't have any skin issues, other than Ida's tear stains and reddish chin. So what do you use that is just a "good for them", easy to find, general shampoo? Any suggestions are appreciated.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
after i use up my dog shampoo i think i am going to switch to j&j's baby shampoo, cheap and easy to get. i bathe butler every friday :) [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] recommends a shampoo she gets from her vet that makes vegas smell nice and shed 90% less, so i thought about looking in to that too. don't know about availability or price though.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm sticking with the Johnsons baby shampoo so I don't have to fret about whether it goes in their eyes, and I figure that if it's gentle enough for baby baths every day then it should be great for bullys!!

I did get some Spa facial scub for their Santa Paws. It came from Carolina's Pet Pantry.... blueberry and fresh vanilla. This is also supposed to help tear stains, although since moving to Fromm the tear stains are no more. It does smell really good and I use that to wash their faces with when they are in the bath.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] the cost is 12 dollars for a 16 0z. bottle It has a prescription label on it that says Clinical Strength--Chlorhexidine Shampoo 4%--Broad spectrum Antimicrobial Activity I bath Vegas every two weeks, his face daily and his bottom daily. I have had the same bottle for over 4 months. Again it does not lather well, you have to massage it in and let it sit for about 10 min. then rinse really well. It is amazing the difference in his skin, itching, fur, and smell. Well worth it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I use the tea tree shampoo from Carolina pet pantry and the spa facial scrub for their faces :)

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
i use some oatmeal and baking soda shampoo and conditioner from petsmart... lex doesnt have any skin issues besides his seasonal allergies, i love that stuff it smells good to.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION] waht are you using now for tear stains and reddish chin? Same issue with Brodie right now.

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
2bullyfamily: I am currently using a powdered additive to Ida's breakfast,(similar to Angel Eyes) but from what my daughter said, it took 6 weeks to work on her little dog. So I'm thinking of trying the peroxide/milk of magnesia/corn starch mixture too. As for the red chin, I've been putting neosporin on in at night. But I'm really starting to think it was her food. I've been buying a different variety of Nature's Variety Prairie each time I get their food. I always used chicken but then decided to change flavors each bag. The venison was fine, then I got beef. At that time I also started adding cinnamon to the girls' breakfast. After two days Ida's face looked like it was on fire! I quit the cinnamon and it immediately looked better, but not perfect. Then earlier this week it was time to get more food. So I went back to the chicken flavor and I really think her face has improved. So I think I'll be getting the chicken from now on.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.