what are some ways of keeping your bull dog cool?

Jacqueline Amanda

Apr 21, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
Just wondering how all of you keep your bullies cool during the summer. We are in the process of looking into buying a AC but what are some other methods of keeping them cool till we get one. We have been putting him in the shower taking not cold baths but cool almost luke warm baths and I have been giving him fresh water just about every 15-30 mins...he also has a towel that he use to carry around when he was tiny that i but in cold water and wring out and lay it on his pillow and he sometimes lays on it and sometimes he doesn't. He also has his own personal fan that he lays in front of everyday!!

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Get some fruit, ( no grapes ) freeze into bone like shapes and your baby's will love them and at the same time it ll cool them. Then there's the garden hose.

OP
J

Jacqueline Amanda

Apr 21, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
lol hes afraid of the garden hose but will get in my walk in shower and chill there while the water is falling on him.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
cold wet t shirt on him, ice cubes in a dish can be made with some broth. they sell fans that hook up to his crate. A hammock bed

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, you can bath or shower him, with cool to lukewarm water like you have been, but be careful of him lying by a fan, or lying on a wet towel when he is wet, as he could get a chill and get sick. Be careful with him outside in the heat, keep him inside with a fan on him when he's not wet, or you could buy a portable Air conditioner until you install a AC unit. Keep plenty of fresh water available to him, both inside and outside, limit his outside time to just potty breaks and then back inside. You can buy a kiddie pool and let him cool off in there if he likes water, but again limit the time outside. You can take him on a 15 to 20 minute walk early in the morning or in the evenings when it's cooler outside. You can take him in the car with the AC on, and visit stores like Petsmart, they have AC, and also indoor play areas for dogs, where they can get some exercise and socialization with other dogs in a air conditioned area. You can give him ice cubes, and frozen fruits like bananas, strawberries, ( no grapes), and I make a frozen treat for my guys that they love. Take an ice cube tray and put a Tbsp. of plain unsweetened yogurt in each cup, and add a Tbsp. of peanut butter on top of the yogurt, freeze them for about an hour and give him one cube as a treat.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They also make cool collars and vest for dogs to help keep them cool. Look up "keep doggie safe dot com" and they have all types of things to keep your baby cool.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have a baby pool, sprinkler and sometimes I just soak them down with the hose.... also keep lots of water in a bowl with mound of ice in it

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Lots of cold fresh water, and when they are going to be outside with us, I soak them with the hose. They have to be wet if they are going to stay with us for a while and no playing fetch until evening.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Porkie loves the AC
ze5y7ype.jpg

It behind her in cold mode lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
I put a cold towel on them, frozen treats fruits, ice I let them chew on it, I also take them out and water them down a little not drenched but just to cool them down. I'm about to but them a baby pool as well.

MajorBully

Jun 20, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Major, Moses(RIP)
Sharper Image makes a cool mat that I found on Amazon. It's 5-10 degrees cooler than the normal flooring/bedding. Non toxic too. Major loves his

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Unless yours love to destroy...
emehary8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online