How Much Water

almoran

Jun 29, 2014
Hi,

New to this forum and pick my new girl up on Wednesday.

I'm just wanting to ask a quick question as to how much water they drink on average a day?

She's 9weeks old at the min.

Thanks
Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome: dogs will drink as they need to, so just leave a fresh bowl of water available to them for the day

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
ALWAYS keep fresh water out for your baby. Congratulations and Welcome!!

GuidoMarmo

May 26, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gemini, Guido, Marmo
Congratulations, your baby will capture your heart each day in a new way! Bullies drink tons of water, I have two bowls always full and always have one outside as well. I also take a bottle with me if we run errands for more than a half-hour. Teaching my bullies early on how to drink from a sports bottle was big help when we go for walks or visiting.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Congratulations on your new baby, and Welcome to EBN. You've been given great advice already. Looking forward to seeing more of you on here, and we need pictures of your baby please. :pics:

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
Hi ..Make sure its fresh and clean......some times it looks clean...but its snott...or gobber water.. always clean the water dish....never use plastic bowls...good luck you are going to love being a bully Mom...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Congrats on your new baby, and as others have said, leave clean water down for him 24/7. Some people say restricting water from them at night helps with potty training, don't listen to them as that is a myth. Always let them have access to water all the time, they will learn to potty outside in due time.

OP
A

almoran

Jun 29, 2014
Thanks for all the great advice. The reason I asked was to try decide what size water fountain to get her.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Thanks for all the great advice. The reason I asked was to try decide what size water fountain to get her.

Well................ as you will soon learn "water fountain's" don't work real well for bully's. After they get done drinking, their water bowl is pretty much a big bowl of slimey water left. Gross I know, but get Stainless Steel bowls, 99% are allergic to plastic bowls and you have to wash it out several times a day Cant wait to see pictures of your baby!!

OP
A

almoran

Jun 29, 2014
Thanks for that info KMarino. It was a stainless steel one I was going to get choice between 1.8l and 3.4l.

I'll get some pictures up when she arrives as no doubt I'll be on here a good few times looking for info and advice haha

LordNelson

May 28, 2014
Austin, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
Hi and welcome!

I don't have a great answer for you, but my bully tends to drink water like a camel. I always have fresh water for him, but when I am at home he will never spontaneously go and drink water.

When I got downstairs, or let him out to go potty in the evening, he will drink after that, but he hardly drinks at all during the day, regardless of whether I am at home or not.

I also use a stainless steel bowl, and rinse / refill it regularly. Particularly after a walk I like giving him a fresh batch of cool water.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Stainless steel all the way and wash them daily if not more same as the food dish, wash after each use.

Dalex

May 21, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rhys
We use Stainless Steel for Rhys and pretty much change it and rinse it with soapy water after each drink.
We swear that he's half Bullie, half Hagfish!
Bottom line: moderate amounts and frequent cleaning.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.