RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Some of you know that recently I become paralyzed (no feelings below waist) I had to make the most difficult decision of my life regarding Gizmo and Hershey. Thanks to the members of this community they will soon be in their new homes. Some folks will not be able to comprehend this difficult decision, as they have never faced my challenges of these last few weeks, but life from a wheelchair on disability, is a totally different perspective.

Lucy, you are at the bridge, and Gizmo will always be in your shadow, but she thanks you, for your love to your family, through that love, they have opened up their hearts, for Gizmo to have a safe, warm, and loving home.

Chumley... Ya better make room in that jeep of yours, cause the 'stoic old man' is coming along for a ride. I sure hope you like having a baby brother :-)

Rick Rettinger 'RARett'

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Oh I am so sorry for the trials you are currently going through. I agree, this community is beyond generous, compassionate and such a wonderful family. I am so sorry you've had to make these tough choices but hope that you take some comfort knowing the love that will be surrounding your fur babies. My thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Rick.... I am happy to hear the kids are going to fantastic homes and I can't imagine how difficult this has been for you and your family. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and never forget that you will always be part of the EBN family.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Rick its so wonderful that your babies are going to be in such great homes, continued prayers for you and your family. Also very happy for LucysMom, as im sure her heart will be full of love to have a bully once again! Bless you [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4262]LucysMom[/MENTION], and especially to you Rick for being so strong during the most awful tragedy life could throw at you. Don't you be a stranger, as Todd said you'll always be a part of the EBN family.

Last edited:

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Hi Rick, not that I really know whole situation, but this must be so hard for you and I am so glad that you have found such wonderful homes for them, I am sure you can keep in touch with them. No one here would judge your hard painful decision, you have to do what is right for them and you, I do hope you are getting lots of support and love yourself. Take care and EBN members are the most supportive so hope to hear from you soon. Thinking of you during this hard time :hug:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Rick you concentrate now on working towards recovering. Hershey is going to be well taken care of and loved I promise you that. What you are doing is a selfless act in thinking of your bullies first..Nobody here would ever judge you for that..in fact it's just the opposite.
Looking forward to Wednesday and meeting the little guy! (We saved a seat in the Jeep for him too!)

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
You are a great man .. take care .. thoughts and prayer coming your way....

LucysMom

Community Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy(RIP) and Gizmo
Rick, I can't ever thank you enough. Lou and I can't wait to be parents again and it's all because of you. We are baby proofing our home, digging out the baby gates and making an appointment at Petsmart for our girl to have a spa day. I am so sorry you have to make these terrible choices , but I promise you will never regret having chosen us. Thank you all so much for remembering me and encouraging me to contact Rick. My Lucy will never be replaced by any dog ever, but I think she would want me to be a Mom again and Gizmo is about to be one spoiled kid

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
A big thank you to you Rick! You are making 2 other families complete with your decision to let your bullies be adopted. I hope you won't be a stranger to EBN :heart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Heat breaking but so incredibly selfless..... your babies will be well cared for and spoiled in every way possible. we are all praying very heard for you to recover.... take care of you and remember you are part of our family and need to stay with us.

:hug:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Rick, I'm so glad you were able to find loving homes right here with the EBN family. As hard as this decision was to make for you, and your family, you did this with the best interest of yourself and your health issues, and the best interest of your babies. I'm so glad Chumley and LucysMom have opened their homes and their hearts to your sweet babies, this must give you so much comfort knowing they are with loving, caring, members of EBN, we all treat and care for each others babies like they were our own, so this story has really touched all of us. You will be able to keep in touch, and see your babies on this site, and you can concentrate on getting strong and better, while knowing Hershey and Gizmo are safe, loved and taken care of. I hope and pray so hard that you get well, please stay in touch with your family here on EBN, we are all, here to listen and support you.

M

MaggieluvsBuster

Rick, our hearts go out to you! Hugs to you and your family!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you Lucysmom and Chumley for opening your homes. I am so sorry Rick, youre in our prayers forever.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
I can't imagine what you must be going through. Very sorry to hear about your misfortune. These guys are the best group I have ever seen. Everyone pulls together to help. My prayers are with you and I know it must be good knowing you have chosen great owners. Piece of mind knowing they will be well taken care of. Not only that you will get to see them on here. Take care and prayers are with you.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Rick rehoming your babies is the most selfless act I have ever witnessed. Your babies are going to great homes and will be loved by all of EBN. Please take care of yourself, and take comfort in the fact that while you are concentrating on getting better your bullys are being cared for in great homes with lots of love for them. It would be great if you stayed a part of EBN, if it is not too difficult for you. God bless Rick, I will continue to pray for you.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.