Booties for allergies? Help!

Harley Bulldogs

Mar 22, 2011
Northeast Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Major Tom, SugarPie
My bulldog is allergic to grass and oak trees. (Among a lot of other things.) He gets giant cysts that bleed between his paws. So I want to put easy on, easy off booties on him whenever he goes outside. Does anyone have suggestions? The ones I have found either don't fit or are super expensive. He has huge feet.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
My bulldog is allergic to grass and oak trees. (Among a lot of other things.) He gets giant cysts that bleed between his paws. So I want to put easy on, easy off booties on him whenever he goes outside. Does anyone have suggestions? The ones I have found either don't fit or are super expensive. He has huge feet.
I went through this with my Rampage. I used baby neoprene socks for a while and then found a good system of foot bathing that worked each time he would come in. I would add Epsom salt to the water, or vinegar (not acd) and have him soak for a minute when he came in then I would dry his feet well. Benadryl every day also helped me a lot!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I don’t have any experience with booties but while what you describe could definitely be caused by grass and tree allergies it could also bee food related. What are you currently feeding? One tbing that will help with the interdigital cysts is warm epsom salt soaks a few times a day if you can.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I went through this with my Rampage. I used baby neoprene socks for a while and then found a good system of foot bathing that worked each time he would come in. I would add Epsom salt to the water, or vinegar (not acd) and have him soak for a minute when he came in then I would dry his feet well. Benadryl every day also helped me a lot!

good advice....

My girl is also allergic to grass and weeds.... I just wipe her paws after each trip outside