Decision to make about moving - Nevada or Montana - what's best for my bulldog?

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Trying to get some advice from all the other bulldog parents.

I have an interview up in Bozeman Montana for a job in my industry. The company is flying me up and I'm very excited! My folks live about 4 1/2 hours from there in Montana as well. I may be getting a little ahead of myself but here is my problem: they also have an office in Henderson, NV. I love Montana, but I really hate snow now (I lived in Maine for 18 years, I have had enough). Henderson has a great house market and it's warm - but is it too warm for a bulldog?????

I live in Utah now which is technically desert and it does get warm here, I just keep him inside. Does anyone else live in Nevada or that same climate? I don't want him to be miserable because Mom hates snow!!!

Any advice is appreciated.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
There are a few members in Las Vegas, I think.... LOTS of members from Arizona. i think wherever you live, you have to watch with these babies, cold or heat, there is a time limit to them being outside

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
There are a few members in Las Vegas, I think.... LOTS of members from Arizona. i think wherever you live, you have to watch with these babies, cold or heat, there is a time limit to them being outside

I know, even here I'm so very careful of him being outside and he is never unsupervised. Dear friend of mine lost their bully on a 75 degree day. I know he'll be happy as long as I am too. I am leaning towards Nevada I think. I should know by Wednesday if I even have the new job - I am just really excited.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I know, even here I'm so very careful of him being outside and he is never unsupervised. Dear friend of mine lost their bully on a 75 degree day. I know he'll be happy as long as I am too. I am leaning towards Nevada I think. I should know by Wednesday if I even have the new job - I am just really excited.

BEST of luck... fingers and paws are crossed for you!

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Best wishes to you! I know how you feel regarding your baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
As long as he is with you then that is the right choice there is no question that he will be taken care of. Fingers and paws crossed you get what you are looking for, new changes are very exciting and stimulating I'm sure Bo feels your moods and is as equally excited just does not know why.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
When is the big move? 6 hours is not too bad, I hope it's an easy transition and I'm sure it will be very exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.