1 or 3 year rabies vaccine?? Plus other vaccine?'s

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Does anyone do the 3 yr vaccine for their bullies?

Also, Stella is due 8/23 for all of her other vaccines, but there is a low cost wellness clinic in my area this weekend (6/29) giving vaccines at a much cheaper cost. Would It be ok to give the vaccines a little early or should I wait until the end of August?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't see anything wrong with that, I prefer the vet clinic because all of the oogles and kisses Buster gets from the techs. :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Aslong as you can get the vet to update records and you do not get them a second time by mistake.... Should be fine

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
Correct me if im wrong but I believe its mandatory for the dog to get 1 year at first then the next year they start getting the 3 year ? But if your dog can get the 3 year def go for that.

More than likely your dog will be fine getting the shots early. Me personally, I wouldn't get them 2 months early maybe a couple weeks.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The three year is ok to get, and I'm not sure about getting them early.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
I've just recently become concerned about over vaccination. My girls are 7 & 11 and they have been vaccinated every year. :( Last summer less than a month after getting the vaccines, my oldest bully ended up with a staph infection that turned into MRSP (caused by a compromised immune system). Simultaneously she developed an auto immune skin disease (one of the triggers...vaccines!). After a year of treatment and thousands of dollars she is still not completely well. Needless to say my vet wrote a letter exempting her from the state required rabies vaccine. She will never receive a vaccine again...not even rabies! My other bully got the 3yr rabies and that was it. If I had realized earlier that it was the same dose as the 1 yr, I would have done it a looong time ago. She will no longer get the other core vaccines either. I won't take the chance of compromising her immune system and after 7 years I'm certain she is protected.

I was completely unaware of the risks until my girl became so ill last year. In the future I will do the puppy vaccines and maybe 1 year later but after that...only 3yr rabies for me.

Brandie37

Mar 10, 2014
KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Bruno & Louie
I have always done all the puppy shots the first year plus rabies then every year I have my dogs titer levels checked and they remain high enough that they don't require yearly shots. When te level drops down I will re vaccinate again and then go back to the same schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online