Low profile bed or bed steps?

decimus

Apr 11, 2013
Washington, D.C.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rukus
For those of you that let your bulldogs sleep in the bed with you (not sure how those that don't resist it), do you have a low profile bed or steps to let your bulldog get in an out of your bed? We currently have a queen bed frame that's too high so we have to pick our guy up and down which is no fun in the middle of the night since he sometimes must be hot and wants down (then back up an hour later).

If anyone has a suggestion for a king size low profile bed frame that their bully comfortable can get in and out of please comment with the bed name and store where you purchased it. Thanks for the help since this seems only to be a problem a bulldog owner can understand without laughing and judging :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 153

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have a bench at the foot of the bed that they use to get in and out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
We have steps leading up to our king size. From the ground to the top of the bed it is 4 steps. It took stella about 3 days to get used to them, but now she loves it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We've got a foot stool at the end of ours which was upholstered to match the room LOL!

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I'm not laughing or judging, I'm mad!! I wish I could buy steps or a bench!! I can't talk hubby into letting Henry sleep with us. I'm so jealous. Lol

OP
decimus

decimus

Apr 11, 2013
Washington, D.C.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rukus
Nice thanks for the help. Those steps seem like they would actually hold all of my bully's 70 pounds. Finding a low profile bed is tough because he can comfortably jump on and off the couch but that's only 18 inches tall.

Roseann - all it took for me was coming home late after a guys night and let him in the bed once which instantly became every night. Once he knew it was an option there is no saying no to this face.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
We too only have a queen sized bed. We put the matress down on the floor just so he could sleep with us. He slept with us the first week we got him, meaning we have been sleeping on the floor -matress and all - for a year now and have just realized it lol.

heavyblankets

Jan 21, 2013
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
I have actually been thinking of getting a platform style bed for this reason. They seem to sit much lower to the ground than traditional styles and look very modern!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
y5u8ahys.jpg

We have a wine crate next to an ottoman next to the bed. Those are our steps. He uses them every time to get into bed. He refuse to use that set to get out of bed so we have another Otteman at the foot of the bed.

remejabu.jpg

eriesisgod

Jul 6, 2014
Our girl doesn't come home till tomorrow but this is what we have set up. Our daughter's bed has a slide so we put a runner rug on it and it seems to be a good solution. Then we also go the stairs for the couch (or our bed lol). Bed bath and beyond had the stairs, there $50 but if you sign up to their email you can get a 20% off coupon. There really nice, wood with carpet on the steps and they fold down.

re4unasu.jpg
edymemyb.jpg

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I too have an ottoman at the end of my king size bed. I showed him how to use it and he took right to it. Now he jumps on and off and it doesn't disturb me at all. I also have a foam mattress so I don't even feel him walking around.

📰 Latest posts

Members online