18 month old bulldog aggressive all of a sudden...what causes this?

hilarylogan

May 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hi everyone,

I have an English Bulldog that is about 18 months old, and he started being aggressive out of nowhere to my husband and I. He only becomes aggressive when he is in trouble for something. All of this started today when he decided to hike his leg on my husband's clothes while he was getting ready for work. Then again this afternoon he tore something up, and got into trouble again. He starting jumping on me and growling seeming like he wanted to bite me. Any suggestions on why he may be acting this way all of a sudden?

Thanks!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Others more experienced than me will come by & give help.
My suggestion is to immediately get him to his Vet, there are
things, like thyroid, if out of whack can cause aggression. He
could be in pain, etc so bloodwork & physical exam are needed
to rule out illness or injury. If not ill or injured, could be hormonal
and if so, behavior modifications are needed perhaps a trainer
involved. Do not freak out or despair, it's all fixable. Stay calm,
consistent, attentive to his 'triggers' & make sure he understands,
his behavior is not acceptable. Time outs when he misbehaves and
calm & quiet voices, no rough play right now. Please let us know
how things go and prayers that y'all find the reason asap!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be a few things... first as Carol sated, get the vet to check him for any issues/pain... the next is get back to basics with him in training. 'Nothing in Life is Free' is a quick and easy way to do this going to get the link and post it for you.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...85-Nothing-in-Life-is-Free-training-technique

Remember everyone in the house must be on the same page and stay consistent... as he could just be testing you all -- like a teenager pushing the limits

OP
H

hilarylogan

May 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
As far as him being in pain, I originally had the same thought. However, I was testing to see if he was actually in pain by lightly patting him everywhere sort of like if I were petting him and he seemed to have no problem with that. He only gets upset and is aggressive when he is in trouble for something. We will definitely try the Nothing in life is free training! Thank you, and I appreciate all of the advice I receive on here. You guys are great!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.