Can they reach and lick that part down there?

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
My husband took Jake to the vet yesterday and was told that Jake's penis has infection due to him licking it.
I'm kind of baffled since I've never seen him lick it; hubby neither. There is a small red at the tip and hubby thought that he might going through puberty hehehe.

So question, can they actually reach that part and lick it? They are so fat that I thought there is no way they can fold their belly enough to reach any part down there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Well i haven't seen mine even come close to bending in that direction of his anatomy. Infact i have to clean that area for him as well as his butt ;D.

OP
JakeP

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I don't trust the VCA this last time. The reason because of Jake licking it doesn't make sense. They cannot apply that "reasoning" to an EB as they are different breed! In my opinion.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
To my knowledge, the chances are very low they an reach the area,,,,, never seen it happen with any of my three

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bully boy tongues cant reach their weiner, its anatomically impossible. He must have done it by rubbing it against something. Its most likely a prolapsed urethra, I would seek a second opinion asap.

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnum (EB), Delta (EB), Gracie (EB), Zoey (FB), Pebbles (FB), Prada (FB)
Gordo tries to. perverted dog!! But he just tries to smell and snort.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Bully boy tongues cant reach their weiner, its anatomically impossible. He must have done it by rubbing it against something. Its most likely a prolapsed urethra, I would seek a second opinion asap.

I agree-prolapsed urethra was my thought when I read this. Second opinion advised also.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with others that you should get a second opinion regarding a possible prolapsed urethra, but I wouldn't agree that every male EB can't reach his peepee, because my Dozer can and does. Lol. He sits on his bum, and leans forward, and then you can hear the most gross slurping sounds, as he goes to town downtown. Lol. I've seen him do it about 3 or 4 times. Blossom cannot reach hers though, and she didn't wear a cone after her spay surgery, because she never touched the area.

OP
JakeP

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
So I was on panic mode after reading that it could be prolapsed urethra I almost yelled at my hubby to call another vet to get a second opinion. Can only KakaTalk messenger coz I'm out of the country, he cannot see me going crazy here or hear me talking 3 octaves higher!

Anyway, I went to think that it was red because that's what I saw in the picture. He said it was a yellow discharge and not a red growth on the tip. The vet gave Jake a cream and hubby said that it seemed to be gone. He is observing it for a week.

I guess it was a false alarm on my part. Thank you so much for the replies. I really appreciate it.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Whew glad all is well can't blame you for worrying maybe your husband does have a handle on it

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So I was on panic mode after reading that it could be prolapsed urethra I almost yelled at my hubby to call another vet to get a second opinion. Can only KakaTalk messenger coz I'm out of the country, he cannot see me going crazy here or hear me talking 3 octaves higher!

Anyway, I went to think that it was red because that's what I saw in the picture. He said it was a yellow discharge and not a red growth on the tip. The vet gave Jake a cream and hubby said that it seemed to be gone. He is observing it for a week.

I guess it was a false alarm on my part. Thank you so much for the replies. I really appreciate it.

:rofl:.... thanks for the crazy bulldog mama visual!! BTW,,,, yellow discharge can be normal at times, just a clean with a babywipe. If it changes to green or gets like a puss, then there are issues

OP
JakeP

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Crazy, right? Totally!!!!!!

I'm embarrassed now LOL

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Mine has never been able to access that zone. I use make up wipes and baby wipes on Canelo. Mainly to clean his wrinkles, eyes, tail pocket and wipe down his tummy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
JakeP

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I purchased the John Paul Pet Full Body and Paw Bath Wipes 2 weeks ago but have not had the chance to use it. Will tell my hubby to start using it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.