Bulldog Height

karlajgee

Jun 13, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy
I went to the bookstore yesterday and I read in a Bulldog book that bullies reach their full height by 4 months old and then obviously continue to fill out. How true do all of you experienced bully owners think this is? I'm just wondering because Murphy is 6 months old but he still seems a little small height wise?

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Pffftttt Bocephus is 9 months old now and has gotten taller in the last 5 months. There is no way that most bullies (I'm sure there are some) that stop gaining any height at 16 weeks

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've always read and heard that they grow up the first 2 years and then out after that. If it's 4 months then Buster would be the height of a fat squirrel. Murphy is a beauty!!

OP
karlajgee

karlajgee

Jun 13, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy
Ahh, thanks guys! I knew there was no way that was right but then I wasn't sure. :D

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
My vet said that their long bones close at 9months old. So at 9 mos they reach their max height, but continue to gain weight thru 2 yrs of age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Growth plates close at about 1 year old. Neither duke or duchess got taller after that- however they both are still thickening up. Especially duke who is about 16 months. His chest is still dropping and his bone mass is increasing. His front legs are so thick. He's 53LB and not and ounce of fat. Duchess is 27months and 49LB she is definitely a meatball and hasn't changed much since about 18-20 months.

eljeffe23

Apr 1, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bronson
Growth plates close at about 1 year old. Neither duke or duchess got taller after that- however they both are still thickening up. Especially duke who is about 16 months. His chest is still dropping and his bone mass is increasing. His front legs are so thick. He's 53LB and not and ounce of fat. Duchess is 27months and 49LB she is definitely a meatball and hasn't changed much since about 18-20 months.

Does es anyone know the height a male should be at 7 months? I can't find the height of a male even at full maturity.

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Canelo hit full height around 9 mos to a year, then he started growing wider. We were at the vet yesterday and another bully was there. Canelo is taller, longer and wider and we've been told he's a big bulldog. Last November he was 80 lbs and he's lost 9 lbs making him 71 lbs. we are aiming for 60 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions