Does anyone leave there dogs/puppies collars on all the time?

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
I leave Henry's collar on all the time. It's really loose. He could easily pull his head out of he wanted.
Does he know he can pull it out? Has he ever tried to?

Sent from S4 (Mia)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Maybe it's age cause Chubbs does not mind his leash he knows when I walk to the gate it's walking time and he is fine. I am hoping some of Chubbs good manners rubs off on Mia. Do you happen to use a double walker or do you have them on separate leashes? I am thinking of buying Mia a double so she can learn to walk right from Chubbs but not sure.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

I use the double sometimes, but actually find it is easier with seperate leash.... personal preference

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Does he know he can pull it out? Has he ever tried to?

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Yes, he has pulled out of it. Well, almost anyway. He doesn't always want his face washed and sometimes pulls away. I use it to be able to snag him then hold him with my legs. He only tries to escape in the beginning. After he's caught he just waits for the hell to be over. Lol

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, he has pulled out of it. Well, almost anyway. He doesn't always want his face washed and sometimes pulls away. I use it to be able to snag him then hold him with my legs. He only tries to escape in the beginning. After he's caught he just waits for the hell to be over. Lol
lol

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnum (EB), Delta (EB), Gracie (EB), Zoey (FB), Pebbles (FB), Prada (FB)
What do you mean direct him? Sorry I have only been a bulldog mom for a few months. lol

Sent from S4 (Mia)
Gordo is 1.5 years old and he is a very stubborn boy sometimes and will not move when it is time to go lay down or to get him out of the room we use his collar to get him moving.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
lol ya he has no problem protecting her or me. lol and that's funny cause I think I have to put her on a better harness. I have some from petsmart going to invest in better ones so maybe I can use those. before I got her I took a picture the breeder gave me and was matching collars leashes and harness to her skin color. Now she has about 4 collars. If I could find clothes easier for her and Chubbs I would probably be dressing them up lol (as if they were chihuahuas)

Sent from S4 (Mia)

I was at a pet store Tisol and they had some cloths but nothing that would of fit Chance and the clerk says why not pick up something from a thrift store you can get 10 items for the price of one and all sizes may have to do some cutting but. Who doesn't want to save money and get more - hope i didn't create a monster.:evilhaha:

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Ours don't wear collars but are microchipped.They hated them and I was paranoid as well.But they have their tags on their harnesses too..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
Joe wears a collar outside but I take it off when we get inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordo is 1.5 years old and he is a very stubborn boy sometimes and will not move when it is time to go lay down or to get him out of the room we use his collar to get him moving.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
lol oh OK.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
I was at a pet store Tisol and they had some cloths but nothing that would of fit Chance and the clerk says why not pick up something from a thrift store you can get 10 items for the price of one and all sizes may have to do some cutting but. Who doesn't want to save money and get more - hope i didn't create a monster.:evilhaha:
My daughter and I were just saying saying that. I told her I wanted to get a raiders jersey for him. Don't hate people. lol but ya I W's thinking of getting him men shirts just small and making my own. so I am with you on thrift store.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Ours don't wear collars but are microchipped.They hated them and I was paranoid as well.But they have their tags on their harnesses too..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
I can't wait to get them chipped save a life is who I'm going with. who do u have?

Sent from S4 (Mia)

karlajgee

Jun 13, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy
Murphy doesn't wear a collar but we have a harness for his walks. Usually if he's being naughty, I keep it on just so he's easy to get to. My husband is really paranoid about collaring him. Murph is microchipped though.

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy doesn't wear a collar but we have a harness for his walks. Usually if he's being naughty, I keep it on just so he's easy to get to. My husband is really paranoid about collaring him. Murph is microchipped though.
He is super cute. He has a little mean mug which makes him so darn cute.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
My two girls have their collars on 24/7 unless they are getting a bath. I've gotten so used tot hem having the collars on that we call them naked puppies when we take them off for bath time, lol.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.