Does anyone leave there dogs/puppies collars on all the time?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
no.... our kiddos are 'naked' when in the house

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Mine only wear collars when we walk them or get them out of the car when traveling. I've noticed that a lot of people keep harnesses/collars on all the time. I guess it's personal preference. Mine have no need to wear them because they are always right beside us. Now if they were runners, I'd probably keep one on them.

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnum (EB), Delta (EB), Gracie (EB), Zoey (FB), Pebbles (FB), Prada (FB)
Gordo wear his collar all day. We use it t direct him or if someone comes knocking on the door.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Hey Monica, ya with Chubbs I know that will happen for sure the previous owner told me. Ya that's why I'm on the fence about it. Chubbs I think I will leave off Mia I think I will leave it on. I was just so afraid that all her loose under neck was all going to compress together and it would be uncomfortable or something lol. Worried mommy. I tried to look at members pictures before I posted this but seen both so just wanted to see.
Hi Yvette, we leave the collars off them when they are at home, when we go for short walks, or potty breaks, we put their collars on which have their name tags, and rabies tags, just in case they get away. When we go on longer walks we use a harness. Our guys were microchipped by the breeder before we got them. I'm not afraid of them taking off from the house, but I don't leave their collars on in the house, because it can rub and cause hot spots, or irritation on their skin, and I think it's more comfortable for them to have them off when they are laying down or sleeping.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't like Chance wearing a collar so he wears his harness a buddy belt at all times. For training purposes he has his belt and a light leash on in the house so that i can catch him easier and also correct him. He was micro chipped at 8weeks old, since there has been a lot of stolen bullies in our area.So glad Mia has a big protector brother now I wonder what else is on her wish list Lol
lol ya he has no problem protecting her or me. lol and that's funny cause I think I have to put her on a better harness. I have some from petsmart going to invest in better ones so maybe I can use those. before I got her I took a picture the breeder gave me and was matching collars leashes and harness to her skin color. Now she has about 4 collars. If I could find clothes easier for her and Chubbs I would probably be dressing them up lol (as if they were chihuahuas)😃

Sent from S4 (Mia)

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
no.... our kiddos are 'naked' when in the house
Oh ya birthday suit. Free as a bird. Do they mind when they have to wear them? I just started walking Mia yesterday and I trained her for collar and harness and leash before hand but today for morning walk she wanted no part if it. Don't know why.?😞

Sent from S4 (Mia)

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mine only wear collars when we walk them or get them out of the car when traveling. I've noticed that a lot of people keep harnesses/collars on all the time. I guess it's personal preference. Mine have no need to wear them because they are always right beside us. Now if they were runners, I'd probably keep one on them.
Ya I guess to it all depends on how well trained your bulldog is. Mia ya she doesn't mind commands like sit or lie down up basic but come here we are definitely working on. The other day my 13yr old not paying any attention go fig. lol accidentally left the gate open and she darted to next house and I ran after her and she thought it was funny and a game. So I calmed down and went back to my house called her and she came but in my mind I was like NOOOOOOO. So ya now this thread is started all cause of that incident.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordo wear his collar all day. We use it t direct him or if someone comes knocking on the door.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
What do you mean direct him? Sorry I have only been a bulldog mom for a few months. lol

Sent from S4 (Mia)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I don't leave collars on my dogs unless we leave the house… I'm afraid they may get choked in their crates, and Roxie has a bone spur in her neck so I don't want to aggravate it anymore than I have to.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh ya birthday suit. Free as a bird. Do they mind when they have to wear them? I just started walking Mia yesterday and I trained her for collar and harness and leash before hand but today for morning walk she wanted no part if it. Don't know why.?

Sent from S4 (Mia)

No, they do not care either way... if they are on or off, but they both do love to go for a walk

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't leave collars on my dogs unless we leave the house… I'm afraid they may get choked in their crates, and Roxie has a bone spur in her neck so I don't want to aggravate it anymore than I have to.
See that's what I think I have this worry @$$ syndrome. lol I'm so afraid she will be walking around the house and start choking lol or she will be in her create in her harness and some how get tangled up in it and be in distress lol mommy in me.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
No, they do not care either way... if they are on or off, but they both do love to go for a walk
Maybe it's age cause Chubbs does not mind his leash he knows when I walk to the gate it's walking time and he is fine. I am hoping some of Chubbs good manners rubs off on Mia. Do you happen to use a double walker or do you have them on separate leashes? I am thinking of buying Mia a double so she can learn to walk right from Chubbs but not sure.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
We leave June's collar on about 80% of the time. It's loose and you can just pull it straight over her head so it really doesn't do much but it has her name and mine and my bf's phone numbers. I like it though and I think it makes her look like she belongs somewhere lol... silly reason, I know. My bf will take it off at night sometimes because he said she likes to sleep naked lol.. whatever. She doesn't mind it though and it looks cute :)

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
We leave June's collar on about 80% of the time. It's loose and you can just pull it straight over her head so it really doesn't do much but it has her name and mine and my bf's phone numbers. I like it though and I think it makes her look like she belongs somewhere lol... silly reason, I know. My bf will take it off at night sometimes because he said she likes to sleep naked lol.. whatever. She doesn't mind it though and it looks cute :)
That's cute. I like the reason you leave it on her. That's what I am doing with Mia right now I have it on but at night I take it off for fear of some how she will strangle herself in her create. lol I like the sleep naked thing. lol

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I leave Henry's collar on all the time. It's really loose. He could easily pull his head out of he wanted.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.