Does anyone leave there dogs/puppies collars on all the time?

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
So I wanted to know if anyone leaves there collars on their dog or puppy all the time. I am debating on leaving Mia's on all the time just in case she runs out or just gets away. Now I have Chubbs who does not really know our family because he has only been with me for a day and for same reason if he gets out. He is so big and a little slower but I just think I should be on the safe side. Mia just got her last set of shots so next is microchip and I don't think Chubbs is chipped either so I will be doing both but I just want to know if any of you out there leave their dogs/puppy collars on all day?

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I don't use a collar for Ftse unless he is staying at my daughters house when I am away and then he has a collar on just in case but Ftse is also microchipped

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't use a collar for Ftse unless he is staying at my daughters house when I am away and then he has a collar on just in case but Ftse is also microchipped
Can I ask why you dont? I am also afraid to leave it on because of their necks. Chubbs is head and shoulders lol Mia has so much loose skin under neck I'm scared it may choke her and him. What do u think?

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Can I ask why you dont? I am also afraid to leave it on because of their necks. Chubbs is head and shoulders lol Mia has so much loose skin under neck I'm scared it may choke her and him. What do u think?

Sent from S4 (Mia)

I'm just too scared it will get caught on something and strangle him, I'm just paranoid about collars as this happened to my sisters dog many years ago but I think there are few on here that keep collars on. that is just my preference. Maybe put the tags on a harness if they wear a harness

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm just too scared it will get caught on something and strangle him, I'm just paranoid about collars as this happened to my sisters dog many years ago but I think there are few on here that keep collars on. that is just my preference. Maybe put the tags on a harness if they wear a harness
I'm so sorry to hear about u r sisters dog. ya see that's what I'm afraid of but also afraid of them taking off some how and them not having it on. ya Mia has a harness I need to buy Chubbs one tomorrow. Thank you so much.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I never keep a collar on my boys in the house. There is no way they get out by themselves and if they do they don't go anywhere. I live in the middle of nowhere and I can leave them out by themselves too and we don't even have a fence. If I do leave them out, they just sit on the stairs waiting for me to let them in. They both have been microchipped by the breeder, before we got them.

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
I never keep a collar on my boys in the house. There is no way they get out by themselves and if they do they don't go anywhere. I live in the middle of nowhere and I can leave them out by themselves too and we don't even have a fence. If I do leave them out, they just sit on the stairs waiting for me to let them in. They both have been microchipped by the breeder, before we got them.
Wow that must be nice to have all that open space. I live in Cali. Anaheim and these houses are close together. All the smells and dogs cats. Like I said Chubbs is very heavy and I don't think he can move to fast but Mia is still a puppy and she sticks by me most of the time but I'm afraid a smell will catch her or a dog and she is off. I wish I could make a move out there.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
For Mia I remove her collar when she comes in the house.
The pups have two sets of collars, one with there rabies tag and name tag and the other with no tags.
I leave the collars with no tags on them all the time to aid in take them out for potty quickly.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus and Frankie always have their collars on. It is the only way to grab them if they start to squabble.

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
For Mia I remove her collar when she comes in the house.
The pups have two sets of collars, one with there rabies tag and name tag and the other with no tags.
I leave the collars with no tags on them all the time to aid in take them out for potty quickly.
Really two? What type of collars do you use? Is there a reason you keep the one without any tags on the rest of the time?

Sent from S4 (Mia)

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus and Frankie always have their collars on. It is the only way to grab them if they start to squabble.
lol maybe I should leave them on mine then. Mia is so young compared to Chubbs and she pisses him off at times where he does a growl and a snap to show her back up but you never know if they do get into it Chubbs is so big I would need something to help me.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
lol maybe I should leave them on mine then. Mia is so young compared to Chubbs and she pisses him off at times where he does a growl and a snap to show her back up but you never know if they do get into it Chubbs is so big I would need something to help me.

Sent from S4 (Mia)
I feel safe leaving them on. There isn't any spot in the house or yard that the collars can catch on, and they are loose enough that they don't restrict their necks. I use Martingale collars on them so they can stay loose.

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
I feel safe leaving them on. There isn't any spot in the house or yard that the collars can catch on, and they are loose enough that they don't restrict their necks. I use Martingale collars on them so they can stay loose.
Oh ok. Ya I think until they get chipped I am going to leave them on. I am just so afraid especially Mia will take off on me. Thank you.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Yvette, we leave the collars off them when they are at home, when we go for short walks, or potty breaks, we put their collars on which have their name tags, and rabies tags, just in case they get away. When we go on longer walks we use a harness. Our guys were microchipped by the breeder before we got them. I'm not afraid of them taking off from the house, but I don't leave their collars on in the house, because it can rub and cause hot spots, or irritation on their skin, and I think it's more comfortable for them to have them off when they are laying down or sleeping.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
I don't like Chance wearing a collar so he wears his harness a buddy belt at all times. For training purposes he has his belt and a light leash on in the house so that i can catch him easier and also correct him. He was micro chipped at 8weeks old, since there has been a lot of stolen bullies in our area.So glad Mia has a big protector brother now I wonder what else is on her wish list Lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online