Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone leave there dogs/puppies collars on all the time?

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does anyone leave there dogs/puppies collars on all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    I feel safe leaving them on. There isn't any spot in the house or yard that the collars can catch on, and they are loose enough that they don't restrict their necks. I use Martingale collars on them so they can stay loose.
    Oh ok. Ya I think until they get chipped I am going to leave them on. I am just so afraid especially Mia will take off on me. Thank you.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi Yvette, we leave the collars off them when they are at home, when we go for short walks, or potty breaks, we put their collars on which have their name tags, and rabies tags, just in case they get away. When we go on longer walks we use a harness. Our guys were microchipped by the breeder before we got them. I'm not afraid of them taking off from the house, but I don't leave their collars on in the house, because it can rub and cause hot spots, or irritation on their skin, and I think it's more comfortable for them to have them off when they are laying down or sleeping.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin' groomzilla Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ron
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

I don't like Chance wearing a collar so he wears his harness a buddy belt at all times. For training purposes he has his belt and a light leash on in the house so that i can catch him easier and also correct him. He was micro chipped at 8weeks old, since there has been a lot of stolen bullies in our area.So glad Mia has a big protector brother now I wonder what else is on her wish list Lol

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

no.... our kiddos are 'naked' when in the house
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
    Likes (Received)

Mine only wear collars when we walk them or get them out of the car when traveling. I've noticed that a lot of people keep harnesses/collars on all the time. I guess it's personal preference. Mine have no need to wear them because they are always right beside us. Now if they were runners, I'd probably keep one on them.

Real Name
    Amanda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gordo Fatsky
    Likes (Received)

Gordo wear his collar all day. We use it t direct him or if someone comes knocking on the door.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Hey Monica, ya with Chubbs I know that will happen for sure the previous owner told me. Ya that's why I'm on the fence about it. Chubbs I think I will leave off Mia I think I will leave it on. I was just so afraid that all her loose under neck was all going to compress together and it would be uncomfortable or something lol. Worried mommy. I tried to look at members pictures before I posted this but seen both so just wanted to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Hi Yvette, we leave the collars off them when they are at home, when we go for short walks, or potty breaks, we put their collars on which have their name tags, and rabies tags, just in case they get away. When we go on longer walks we use a harness. Our guys were microchipped by the breeder before we got them. I'm not afraid of them taking off from the house, but I don't leave their collars on in the house, because it can rub and cause hot spots, or irritation on their skin, and I think it's more comfortable for them to have them off when they are laying down or sleeping.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by schimpfy View Post
    I don't like Chance wearing a collar so he wears his harness a buddy belt at all times. For training purposes he has his belt and a light leash on in the house so that i can catch him easier and also correct him. He was micro chipped at 8weeks old, since there has been a lot of stolen bullies in our area.So glad Mia has a big protector brother now I wonder what else is on her wish list Lol
    lol ya he has no problem protecting her or me. lol and that's funny cause I think I have to put her on a better harness. I have some from petsmart going to invest in better ones so maybe I can use those. before I got her I took a picture the breeder gave me and was matching collars leashes and harness to her skin color. Now she has about 4 collars. If I could find clothes easier for her and Chubbs I would probably be dressing them up lol (as if they were chihuahuas)😃

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    no.... our kiddos are 'naked' when in the house
    Oh ya birthday suit. Free as a bird. Do they mind when they have to wear them? I just started walking Mia yesterday and I trained her for collar and harness and leash before hand but today for morning walk she wanted no part if it. Don't know why.?😞

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevikell View Post
    Mine only wear collars when we walk them or get them out of the car when traveling. I've noticed that a lot of people keep harnesses/collars on all the time. I guess it's personal preference. Mine have no need to wear them because they are always right beside us. Now if they were runners, I'd probably keep one on them.
    Ya I guess to it all depends on how well trained your bulldog is. Mia ya she doesn't mind commands like sit or lie down up basic but come here we are definitely working on. The other day my 13yr old not paying any attention go fig. lol accidentally left the gate open and she darted to next house and I ran after her and she thought it was funny and a game. So I calmed down and went back to my house called her and she came but in my mind I was like NOOOOOOO. So ya now this thread is started all cause of that incident.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordosmom1212 View Post
    Gordo wear his collar all day. We use it t direct him or if someone comes knocking on the door.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    What do you mean direct him? Sorry I have only been a bulldog mom for a few months. lol

Sent from S4 (Mia)

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I don't leave collars on my dogs unless we leave the house… I'm afraid they may get choked in their crates, and Roxie has a bone spur in her neck so I don't want to aggravate it anymore than I have to.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads