Smallest of a bulldog litter

loalsa

Jun 24, 2014
Hi I'm new here and was hoping for some experienced advice 👍
I've been wondering if purchasing the smallest of a litter of English bulldogs is ok? Some say there is no difference as the pup can actually grow bigger and healthier than the others and other people say STAY AWAY because they with be riddled with health issues. I've never owned a bully before this will be my first. I've been looking for over a year for the right dog and making sure I'm ready. Hope you guys can help. Thanks.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. The smallest of the litter doesn't always remain that way. My baby girl wasn't the smallest of her litter, but she is now smaller than her sister that was the runt of the litter from pictures that I have seen. Can the runt be prone to more issues than that of its litter mates? Sure but on the flip side the runt can be just as healthy as all others or the others could have health issues and the runt is fine.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:welcome: to EBN! Happy you found us, I don't think it makes much of a difference unless it looks sickly but even then it could be bigger then it's siblings when it grows out. Good for you too doing your research like that, it will definitely pay off!!

OP
loalsa

loalsa

Jun 24, 2014
Thanks for the quick reply. I can't wait to finally get one

OP
loalsa

loalsa

Jun 24, 2014
Also may sound nuts but Im using the app on my iphone! I've been sent a message saying I've got a gift but cannot find or see it anywhere.... Please help

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Also may sound nuts but Im using the app on my iphone! I've been sent a message saying I've got a gift but cannot find or see it anywhere.... Please help

You will only see it viewing the full site. :)

In my experience the smallest may only be small due to the genetics it got, IMO it's a myth, many times the smallest could end up being the largest of the bunch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
OP
loalsa

loalsa

Jun 24, 2014
Thanks guys. Yeah I looked on full site and found it. Can't get it in app. Thought I was going mad.
I personally agree about the smallest not being a bad choice but I've had so many conflicting things said to me I wanted to check with people experienced with Bully's and check for sure.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: and best of luck in your search!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion

This is what it looks like from the full site. Untitled11.jpg

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I've had the runt and he grew to be over 80 lbs even when he was over 14, you just never know..... How you raise them and take care of them will mean a lot. I guarantee if you fall in love with a bulldog, it won't matter to you how big they get. They will steal your heart

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola was the runt, and she continued to be small for a year and a half, but we refused to over feed her. She has plenty of time to gain weight. At two years she filled out beautifully, a steady 50lbs. She did have elongated palate surgery and she has environmental allergies but that could happen to any bully!

sent from my droid mini

OP
loalsa

loalsa

Jun 24, 2014
Thank you. I pick her up on 13th and can't wait. She isn't the smallest anymore apparently she's the third from smallest. But either way I'm smitten so as long as she is healthy and happy that's all that matters xx

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
June was the smallest of her litter and she has been very healthy! She's 50 lbs. now at a year old.

Top...
04.jpg

Middle...
07.jpg

White head on the left...
12.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.