Then and Now

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
It was exactly a year ago today Chum went through a severe reaction that caused little bald spots on his head that eventually became bleeding bumps. This started the day after the vet gave him a 3 yr rabies shot by mistake as he already received it during his previous visit. Two different vets swore the shots didn't cause the reactions and said it was coincidental...I absolutely disagreed as he never experienced anything like that before... Or since for that matter. I was freaking out as Chum's head just got worse and worse. It was the first time I asked for help on EBN and the responses and support I received were overwhelming when I posted my thread. So many people who first told me to calm down, breathe, and then directed me on how to go about treating it. So many people I annoyed with countless private messages who were patient, helpful, and understanding of my mini crisis. To this day I credit EBN members and not the vets with getting chum..and me...through it all. Prior to that EBN was just a site I jumped on occasionally for information..it was then I realized what EBN is all about...kind, helpful people who I have never met..but who I now consider friends. So many times I've heard the term EBN family and it is so true. I've been lucky to experience it firsthand...and I'm thankful for everyone here I've come to know.
JUNE 2013 image.jpg June 24, 2014image.jpg What a difference a year makes!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow, he looks fantastic! I can't believe it's been a year, I'm SUPER happy you and Chumley found this site he's the cutest dog I've ever seen in my life!!!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Jim I get more knowledge here on EBN than I do from my vets.

Chumley is looking very good and is a beautiful boy

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
That was a very nice post and I agree completely. EBN is a super FAMILY to be part of, both for the bad and the good! By the way, [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] if Chum is laying on your grass skirt-WHAT are you wearing?!!!:w00t:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
LOVE this thread and LOVE this site!!! So happy you found us and so happy Chumley is doing so well. I too found this site due to a very stinky, ear infections bully. So many responded about the food I was feeding which was Iams, and so I did a switch... to grain free thanks to the advice I was given. Here are my pics in 6 short weeks of joining this site!!! This site has saved me so many times and I will be forever grateful for the wonderful member's and advice given. We are from all over, but we are family and one thing in common, ALL ABOUT THE BULLDOGS!!!!

AWWWW this is Vegas at 1 yr old, he is now 5.5 yrs old. Ate up with sores, stinking to high heaven and swollen face.

Just Six weeks after I joined this site and did a food change to a grain free food, kept his face cleaner and ears flushed due to learning all through this site

BRAVO EBN and ALL member's!!!! :heartsign: :bravo: :bravo:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Such a wonderful post! Chumley looks fabulous! My bulldogs rarely have to go to the vet and it's because of all I learned on EBN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
A full year.... that was a full year ago!!? Really does not seem that long, but so so happy your handsome boy is all healthy and beautiful. He is one fine looking bully boy!

:hug:

pattonsmom

Apr 9, 2014
CT
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
General Patton
I jsut saw this pic on Facebook! I love it, Chumley is absolutely beautiful!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
WOW Chums looks amazing now Jim!!! His face is pure white, and what a happy boy!!! :w00t: This site has been invaluable to me, I can't tell you how many times I tell my vets things that I learned on here…

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.