ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I absolutely LOVED this… I want to start Roxie in the local therapy program here in TN. Wally will have to get thru puppy class first… Lol

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Very cool. Harlea is too hyper to do that.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Great story to share @simplehermit

I absolutely LOVED this… I want to start Roxie in the local therapy program here in TN. Wally will have to get thru puppy class first… Lol
I loved it too ! It would be great to do, so rewarding, they love the attention and pats Too !!

Very cool. Harlea is too hyper to do that.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Yes agreed Bazza is far too Hyper around new people, but you never know with age they may calm down ! :rolleyes:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Great story to share @simplehermit

I loved it too ! It would be great to do, so rewarding, they love the attention and pats Too !!

Yes agreed Bazza is far too Hyper around new people, but you never know with age they may calm down ! :rolleyes:

I took my boxer Roxie to PetSmart one time, and this mentally handicapped lady was being wheeled in her wheelchair thru the store. Roxie went right up to her, and got on her chair to lick her face :luv: The lady was LOVING it, and the women w/her told me that I should have Roxie certified because most dogs are afraid of wheelchairs. I was just afraid that Roxie was going to try and get in her lap… Lol

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Hope to do this with Chance as i am a caregiver and the people i support and the elderly would benifit

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so awesome.... a dog reall can bring a smile to everyone's face and heart

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I had a toy poodle, and I would buy baby clothes at yard sales. I would dress her in a different outfit and take her to the nursing home once a week. There were a few people who weren't interested because they never liked dogs, but most would just light up when we walked in the room The woman would say"oh, I can't wait to see her little outfit next week!" yes, they would talk about the dogs or cats they used to have. One man had a motorized chair and always took her for a ride around the nursing home in the basket. For most of them, it was the highlight of their day. Such a small thing for someone to do, can be a special thing for others who can only dream.

I really enjoyed that article [MENTION=9431]simplehermit[/MENTION] Thank you for posting it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online