Guinea Pig???

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnum (EB), Delta (EB), Gracie (EB), Zoey (FB), Pebbles (FB), Prada (FB)
Okay. So my boyfriends daughter got a guinea pig and Gordo is concerned and sniffing around. So does anyone have experience introducing small animals to your bully??

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I'm sorry, I don't but I just laughed picturing it. Once they get comfortable please take pics!!!!!

OP
Gordosmom1212

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
9usugymu.jpg

eryry4eb.jpg

y7evusy8.jpg

Poor little thing got scared. I think he wanted to eat her haha.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:blowkiss: oh my goodness, that look on Gordo's face is so dang cute!! he looks so fascinated and curious and very, very serious!! it's too cute!! I would be a little hesitant to leave guinea pig and Gordo alone together right now though...b/c Gordo looks like he may think it's a chew toy!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Sorry I don't have any experience with small animals and bullies, but they look very cute. I agree I wouldn't leave them alone together.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
We had guinea pigs but I had to get rid. The dogs eyes were runnng, my hay fever was giving it some and I though - allergies. It's time for them to go. There were cute tho

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
We have a free roaming parrot who plucks his feathers and can fly about as good as that guinea pig. Lol Henry has learned to sniff but not swat at him. They have learned to get along really well. I have all hard wood and lenolium so I can always hear the tapping of the birds feet and call Henry away if I need. The parrot does have a beak to defend himself though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 148

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We used to have guinea pigs, but like other have posted we had to re-home them. My allergies (and my daughter's) were horrid… the dogs have been fascinated by them, and if we let them lose we would just keep an eye on them. Sometimes the dogs would try to "push" them around too much… Lol

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Not much help here. Haven't had small rodents in the house in years. But those are some cute pics.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
Gordosmom1212

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:blowkiss: oh my goodness, that look on Gordo's face is so dang cute!! he looks so fascinated and curious and very, very serious!! it's too cute!! I would be a little hesitant to leave guinea pig and Gordo alone together right now though...b/c Gordo looks like he may think it's a chew toy!
that is the same thing I thought. we just let him sniff her out. Luckily she is in her cage in the bedroom where Gordo won't bother her.

OP
Gordosmom1212

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
This is our first time with a guinea pig and she just had to have one. So for right now we will let him sniff but I think he wants to eat her hahaha.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
What a classic, love the photos of him checking the guinea pig out !!!! I have no experience with a guinea pig and bulldog LOL, but I am sure he will get used to it as long as they are not left alone.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
We have a free roaming parrot who plucks his feathers and can fly about as good as that guinea pig. Lol Henry has learned to sniff but not swat at him. They have learned to get along really well. I have all hard wood and lenolium so I can always hear the tapping of the birds feet and call Henry away if I need. The parrot does have a beak to defend himself though.
LOL :laugh:what a great looking bird I love it !!!! I love the way he can fly as good as a guinea pig, too funny !!! What a combination !

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG.,..... those photos are awesome!!! Gordo really is VERY interested in the new baby!

How is it going?

OP
Gordosmom1212

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG.,..... those photos are awesome!!! Gordo really is VERY interested in the new baby!

How is it going?
He went by the cage today and smelled a bit. But the daughter went and bought ANOTHER guinea pig. She was reading that they prefer to be in pairs since they are "herd" creatures . I think he will be fine after he gets over the fact that there are small things that are not toys in the house haha.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.